The Death of Ahmaud Arbery

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, May 5, 2020.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Explain, please.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would say a drunk getting punched for starting shit and the guy doing the punching gets a "meh, okay" proves the system works fine

zehr27 likes this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Sometimes ass whippings are justified

kmf600, VolDad and Beechervol like this.
  4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

"I can't keep you from coming over here, but I can send you back."

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I grew up in hickory hill area of memphis. If you got in somebodys face and disrespected them, you better be ready. Thats how it used to be, until it became ok to threaten and yell and spit at people and deem any repurcussion as too severe.

6. fl0at_

Starting shit by being verbal, or doing more? Because being verbal, no, the system is broken if that guy that did the punching got a "meh, okay" because there are plenty who have been charged for exactly the same.

7. fl0at_

And probably more often than not, the ones being emotionally abused are smaller than the ones doing the abuse... and so now they are... physically abused as well? Seems kind of... dumb advocacy.

8. fl0at_

Hickory Hill, the area where, due to too many people getting in to someone's face, has a crime rate and homicide rate... double? the area you live now? That one. Doesn't seem like the anger and aggression tactic taught had a good ending.

9. Ssmiff

What i enjoy often is woke white catholic HS boy preaching about race to someone who grew up in a neighborhood that woulda sent him to fetal position or curb stomped for yapping. And tells me im unaware. My goodness stfu dooz you literally have no life experiences to give any perspective on anything other than food setup at a buffet.

10. Ssmiff

Not many places are like that area. Unless you lived there as a kid having to defend yourself and also know when to hush, you wouldnt get it. Memphis is a tough, gritty, defensive city. Starts young

11. fl0at_

Proving the point that that way of life, physical violence in the place of verbal anything, is not conducive to a healthy lifestyle.

Which is why it needs to go away, for all walks of life, not advocated for.

12. Ssmiff

I say mouthing at people and disrepecting them as a person should go away before physicality, and would reduce it dramatically anyway
    Again, you blame the reaction instead of the action. Like the riots, etc. Thats where we differ often.
    That said i do respect you and your opinion, even if different.

13. fl0at_

Where we differ is that I blame both, whereas you condon one.

They will both go away when people grow up and realize not to do either.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

the perpetrators are known, but still no charges or arrest. in essence, killing a person in their sleep in their own bed is apparently not illegal for law enforcement. that's the message.

15. Ssmiff

Not as much condoning it, as it is making the point there is not a reaction without an action. You cant threaten to kill somebody and say words dont matter.

16. fl0at_

Verbal is not action. A verbal threat is still just words. They do nothing. They cause nothing.

I can say "I'm going to kill you" a million times. You won't die.

So reacting to that is not reacting to something substantive. Just fear.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

What I enjoy often, is a broke down old ass piece of shit too stupid to realize the world has passed him and his pea brained ideals by, continuing to scream at the sky idiotically about conspiracy theories or what it was like “where I grew up” while actually offering even less than how to to set up a food buffet. Unless, you count fodder for the rest of us to laugh at. In that case, you offer it in spades.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  18. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Condone, imo.

19. fl0at_

At least you read it.

20. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Them's are fightin words.