What are you playing during Coronapocalypse?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indy, Mar 17, 2020.

1. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Every MOBA in existence. Do you need a list of every MOBA in existence now?

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Wow, again. Unnecessary things can have the fewest amount of additional unnecessary things. Cross platform is one of those unnecessary things. It is unnecessary because it introduces a game mechanic to one party, and not the other. There is no need to level the playing field, create two fields.

No where in there is the retort just "it's unnecessary."

Again, entertainment can be unnecessary and simultaneously reduce the amount of unnecessary things within it. Cross platform doesn't enhance any experience. It doesn't include anyone. It's a bad mechanic. It's stupid. It creates two different games. And it is unnecessary. There are four reasons.

3. fl0at_

Give me an example of a game where I log in on my desktop, and you log in on your desktop, and I can never get something you've got.

I don't want a game, I want a game, plus the example.

As in, I log in to game XXX, and have item YYY. You log in to game XXX and can never, ever, get item YYY. Ever.

4. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Hmm..
    Yep, that directly addresses who you play with..
    What a dumb question. It's a free to play game on the major platforms. From your ridiculous take, it's unlikely that most people don't have more experience with it than you.

5. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Every. MOBA. In. Existence.

6. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Four completely unsupported reasons. Congrats. You got me.

7. fl0at_

If this:

"As for the inability to choose which platform players are from, great. There's nobody arguing the other side of that issue."

Is in regards to who I'm playing WITH, then you are literally arguing the other side. Because I'm saying I should not be playing WITH console players. And you are saying I should be.

8. fl0at_

Name the game, and the example. They don't exist. Every mechanic is achievable by all parties.

9. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

I'm saying yes, you should have the option.

10. fl0at_

I have supported them, and explained them. Every time.

11. fl0at_

You think this is you saying I should have the option to choose? Because I don't.

The entire premise of this discussion is that warzone is dumb because of crossplay. Eliminate crossplay for me, and I'm happy to let others have it if they want it. But it is an unnecessary, stupid mechanic that creates a different game, that I CANNOT opt out of.

12. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

I never said you shouldn't have the option. The comment you're struggling so much with is saying that I'm not opposed to you having the option to choose-- similar to what is present in multiplayer.

13. fl0at_

Then stop arguing, because that is the entirety of this argument, that is is a good idea to have it in, with no way to turn it off, because that is as the game exists.

That is how it is built. And thus is stupid.

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

My bad for mentioning Call of Duty.

15. fl0at_

Have you played yet?

16. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

League has items restricted to melee or ranged-only champions. They have characters who can only build a specific item. Every single champion has different, unique in-game mechanics ranging from mobility, damage, defense, look, abilities, etc. that is not replicated in any fashion by other characters.

17. fl0at_

And only one champion can exist, at any time? Nobody else can have a character that can build that specific item?

18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Bailed on downloading the full game because I didn't want to take up half my storage for a single game and returned it, downloaded Warzone and played for a bit, but not enough to figure out if it's any good.

19. fl0at_

You're welcome for telling you warzone was free. Console player.

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Already knew it was free, but much prefer the more traditional multiplayer modes. I've not been a big fan of the battle royale type games.