NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That seems far easier and more precise to track than having "Nielsen Families" telling you everything. Hulu and YouTube should be able to say "5,309,387 people, on average, were tuned into the Tennessee/Las Vegas game".

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm sure all the execs at NFL, ESPN, NBC, CBS, and Fox all shrugged their shoulders and said no big deal too.

MWR likes this.
  3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I guess we will find out when all the execs you mention dole out a massive amount of money (like way more than they pay now) in the next rights contract.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’m old enough to remember when the NFL was done in 2016 amid the Colin Kaepernick protest (controversy?).

5. CardinalVol

I'm sure they will.

Doesn't mean they aren't a tad nervous today. Doesn't meant we won't see the approach by the networks change as season goes on.

6. CardinalVol

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I wonder how much of the hit is the lack of crowds/atmosphere?

Personally, as a casual fan, I'll probably watch less this year than in years past. Something about watching two teams play a game in front of little or no crowd is not as entertaining as watching a team on the road try to make a fourth quarter drive to go ahead with the crowd going crazy, the atmosphere, reaction to big plays, etc.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  8. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Cord cutting has led to me watching far far fewer sports matches, of any kind. Fewer television shows in general, really.

Streaming without DVR kinda sucks, and streaming and sitting here really sucks, because everyone is on a different play. I can sit in chat and know what is going to happen, because it doesn't happen for me until 5 minutes later.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I cut the chord then taped it back up. Wasnt used to not finding sports or Jason Bourne easily

10. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

If it weren’t for fantasy football I don’t think I’d watch more than 15-20 mins of pro ball a week.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I switched from direct tv to YouTube tv. The only television I watch is sports

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

If anything cutting the cord has made it easier to find and get exactly what I want

utvol0427 and Volst53 like this.
  13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I didnt find the same. Maybe i wasnt streaming enough. Had hulu, prime, and whatever xfinity streaming was but didnt have all the sports packages. I missed the guide

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

YouTube tv is nice

chavisut likes this.
  15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I feel bad for Joe Burrow

16. CardinalVol

He will be an absolute stud if they get an O line that can protect him. Otherwise, I'm not signing another deal with the Bengals and if they franchise me I'm sitting.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I want to say that putting games on the NFL channel on Thursdays, as I have said before, is beyond stupid.

18. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I get the channel, and I still hate it.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why? I have never seen the Thursday night NFL channel coverage. Is it bad?

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Thursday night NFL games are stupid

NorrisAlan likes this.