POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

It's only going to play with his base, and maybe not even all of them.

2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

This seems like a very likely scenario at this point.

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

So I have this whacky theory that Trump is losing some of his base. There's a big chunk of it that's untouchable, but he's losing ground in polls and Biden isn't making equitable gains.

So Trump loses say, 5 points nationally, and Biden only gains 1-2.

I don't think those voters are moving heavily third party, and I don't think they are going to break heavily to Biden. So that pretty much leaves staying home or not voting as the last option.

So, and I could easily be misreading this, I think some of those voters he activated in 2016 have become unactivated.

4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I should clarify that last point. What I mean is they are moving to the undecided column but undecided essentially means "leaning towards not voting at all"

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

if they could knock out some of it piece meal it would be worth it for those affected, but ya. we know it won't happen like that.

zehr27 likes this.
  6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Apparently some political aides got to him last night after his earlier tone...haha.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

you know, I wish people, maybe even biden, would acknowledge that he did everything one could to get vaccines as quick as possible. there is no fault on that. The fruits are coming as quickly as they can, indeed historically fast. that isn't an area of weakness, unless he undermines himself by rushing the process beyond the bounds of safety.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

It's older people who Trump has lost the most support from.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

"I was able to stay at home, because some black woman out there was stocking shelves.."
    This could be a really fun next 4 years

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, that quote was bad. lol

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

But how does that statement make him a bad person?

Republican partisans are going nuts over it, but I guess I just prefer the less woke, less expansive definition of racism that does not include this. Biden was trying to make a point about blue-collar workers having to work during the pandemic. He was also saying that black people often have these jobs. If people can't talk like this w/o America going nuts then we are truly a lost cause as a nation.

Not only that, but this also shows what people think about honest work. Stating someone has a lower-paying job should not automatically be seen as some fundamental insult. That's also messed up.

Was it a gaff? I guess so. But I miss the days where people could have a Michael Scott moment w/o the racist label being trotted out. Was someone mistreated? Nope. In fact, he was bragging on this hypothetical black women. Let's move along.

IP and dknash like this.
  12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I dOn'T sEe CoLoR

13. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I hear you...but a problem is that a democrat can say that and the assumption will be "they are making the statement that black people are more likely to have these jobs, and that is part of the problem," while if a republican says it "they are making a racist assumption that all black people can do is stock shelves."

I do believe that is absolutely true, and is also part of the problem.

14. Ssmiff

i'm good with all of that. He's like the old uncle who may say anything at anytime. Just didn't come out right and of course, if Trump uttered the same words, you can't deny the left would be flipping out. Most republicans i know just think its amusing.

A-Smith likes this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Step 1 to solving these problems: respect and root for each other's success. Let's stop putting down jobs, and maintain a baseline of dignity regarding the human condition. it will feel good once we try it.

NorrisAlan and A-Smith like this.
  16. Ssmiff

respect and politics will never mix. Which is why i don't care for the character of people who want the power.
    Nobody cares but i won't vote for either of these clowns. Can't put my name behind it

17. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

My guy is out here tweeting more than Sab right now.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

don’t we already maintain a baseline of human dignity with all of our social programs

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yup. I think most people reacting to it don't actually think it was that bad. They're reacting that way because they know if Trump said something like this, the entire left would act like the sky is falling.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

"all of our social programs..." No. And our social programs are intentionally sabotaged for ideological reasons.