Georgia

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Guarantano was awful, but I don’t think there’s a quarterback in the country that puts up many points with the offense line getting beaten as badly as we were. The defense played well enough to win, but Palmer was the only one who showed up on offense.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  2. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Like I said in chat, D did all it could. Offense has to [uck fay]ing score and JG has to be on his best just to be barely good enough.

3. Tar Volon

I thought we were closer as well, but the talent gap between Georgia/Alabama and the rest of the conference is huge right now. Florida, Auburn, and A&M are our measuring sticks right now.

TDVol1989 and Memtownvol like this.
  4. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

We played decent on defense and we were fortunate to be where we were at the half. Offense was putrid all game.

5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I think JG's suckage is less a symptom of bad OL play and playcalling than it is a cause of bad OL play and playcalling.

Put someone in there that makes the defense pay every now and then, and not just when game flow is advantageous, and maybe you have a better result.

Dude hamstrings the whole offense because he's incapable of making good decisions except under the best circumstances. Even then it's not a sure thing

Memtownvol, IP, SeabeeVol and 4 others like this.
  6. Tar Volon

First six drives of the second half:

-6 yards
    3 fumbles (2 lost)
    1 INT

That’s the kind of play that took our best defense of the last 15 years to a 5-7 season back in 2008. No defense in the country can make up for that.

7. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Our offensive coaching staff did nothing in this game to help us.

8. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Chaney called the kind of chickenshit game that gets called when you have a chickenshit QB

Memtownvol and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This x10,000,000. JG’s lack of ability hamstrings play calling and allows defenses to sell out and play extremely aggressively. He makes everyone else look awful.

The only thing I will say, though, is the coaches take on more and more of the blame the longer they leave him out there. We all know who he is at this point.

11. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

He's in love with that chickenshit QB though

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Even the offense’s good half wasn’t very good. The second TD pass to Palmer was excellent, but the first was a horrible decision and horrible throw. Received completely bailed him out.

We didn’t have a steady, consistent drive the entire night.

Memtownvol and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  13. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

The obviously scripted drives that opened up both halves were nothing short of atrocious.

14. Volshaw

Volshaw New Member

Jg is the biggest problem we have. He is just too stupid, weak, and slow (physically, mentally) to play pee wee ball. How much money does his dad have?

15. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

I said last year that Pruitt’s game management need to improve or it was going to bite UT in the ass. Unfortunately it doesn’t look like it has.

16. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I think it's more of a case of Pruitt being too handsoff with that side of the ball.

17. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Continue to not be able to make adjustments or devise a creative game plan over and over and expect a different result. Chaney's coaching moto and it will never
    change.

18. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Emain said it. If everything else is perfect JG can be ok. But it isn’t and he can not overcome anything

Memtownvol and 10SEvols like this.
  19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee's defense bullied Georgia until they ran out of gas

20. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

This. The backers were all ran to death. I love what we do on defense though.