Kentucky

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tar Volon, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Vols opened -7.

Sounds pretty fair—I was seeing numbers like 2 and 3 thrown out in preseason, and we’ve looked better than them so far, last night notwithstanding. I like us to beat the number. Kentucky has scored 20 points in the last two years on us. Their offense hasn’t gotten any better, and our defense hasn’t gotten any worse. Our nickel has been the weakness all season so far, and that should be mitigated by their run-heavy attack. OL should be out to prove something this week too.

Memtownvol likes this.
  2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I need another day of therapy before I can start thinking about Kentucky.

PilotFlyingJ and IP like this.
  3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Kentucky is therapy

chavisut, dknash, ptclaus98 and 3 others like this.
  4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I have talked a lot of trash to their fans the last couple of weeks...

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We are 2 ky long drives and 2 JG 3 and outs or turnovers from being in a tough spot. I dont have the same confidence and now they will try to do the same thing ga did which is crash the middle hard, shut down the run game and freak our qb out by baiting him into bad checks.

6. Ssmiff

If you tell me this is the last game i will ever watch JG play and in return we take the L, gimme the L. Its not enjoyable.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Guarantano has 7 more games, barring injury or covid

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I look forward to getting the UGA taste out of our mouths by kicking Kentucky in the nuts repeatedly. They aren't a good football team and haven't won in Knoxville since 1984.

They struggle with the forward pass offensively.

9. Tar Volon

I agree with your first point—they try to shorten the game, and if we get in a hole, it’s going to be a nervy afternoon (much like last year, where a 13-0 hole kept us from getting comfortable all night).

I’m not as convinced that Georgia has provided a model to beat us, because there isn’t another defense as good as Georgia’s. They can try to stack the box and make Guarantano beat them, but we should be able to run at least a little on a stacked box, and we have some receivers that can win 1v1 battles. Give me Palmer in single coverage down the sideline all day long.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Palmer is one of the better receivers around, it's unfortunate his quarterback is Guarantano

11. Ssmiff

We have that throw and play in the passing game, along with 4 yard completuons on 3rd an 8, and really not much else.
    I cannot believe how long JG was staring at some wrs to his right. Ga kid could scan at least and process but JG isnt able. Hes going where hes going with it, so why not look off for a second.

12. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Dangerous game.

Not taking a big step forward is one thing. Taking a big step back is another.

Have to put Georgia behind them and defend their home field against an average-at-best opponent.

Tar Volon likes this.
  13. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

We lose next week and then we can start talking about when Pruitt gets shit canned

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Well, no shit

15. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

We ain't losing next week.

Memtownvol likes this.
  16. juicemane

juicemane Member

Bailey took every snap at the scrimmage yesterday. Performance was “solid”

Doubt we see him this week but maybe (hopefully) they are trying to have him ready to take over after the bye week?

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Is JG a little banged up or something?

18. juicemane

juicemane Member

The scrimmage was just for guys not getting to play much/at all right now.

just thought it was interesting that Bailey took all the snaps when Mauer also missed some time in camp and could have benefited from the extra work.

19. Tar Volon

The scrimmage was for people who didn’t play against Georgia

20. Ssmiff

Im working on it..

A-Smith likes this.