Kentucky

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tar Volon, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I wasn’t old enough to know what was going on in ‘94, but we played this game with Bray as a freshman and Dobbs as a redshirt freshman. I don’t expect Bailey to beat Bama, but he’s gotta go out and show enough in the next six games that we have some indication of better things on the horizon. Probably going to have to win 3 of them, and that’s easier said than done.

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  2. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I don't know what's in Pruitt's head but if it's me, I'll put anyone under center before giving that pouty faced doofus another rep in practice. He's a cancer and a loser.

reVOLt likes this.
  3. Tar Volon

Going into today, I thought that letting JG lean on his defense and running game and do enough to beat the mid-tier opponents was a reasonable strategy (after all, it worked for the last month of last season). After today’s performance, I don’t see how there’s anything to do but get the next guy ready ASAP

IP likes this.
  4. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

This would have been the smart approach three years and 5 QB signees ago.

5. Tar Volon

The one thing Pruitt did not do, that our last two failures of coaches did, was get a quarterback worth a damn in his first signing class, and he’s still paying for it.

6. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Hell @Tar Volon , "worth a damn" doesn't even enter the equation for me. As soon as I realized who I had in JG, I'm playing anyone other than him including scout teamers.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This, JG is not a winner. Has me worried about Pruitt since it appears he has yet to realize this.

8. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Would be nice to have that UNC QB.

Memtownvol likes this.
  9. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I'm going to make a more detailed thread on this later this evening but there are serious serious SERIOUS issues with the offensive side of the ball that need to be plainly stated in an organized fashion.

IP likes this.
  10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Agreed.

11. cpninja

cpninja Member

i was(and am) willing to give this season a mulligan due to COVID bullshit, but if we end the season still trotting JG out there after all this I think I'm fine going back to the butch years of just throwing the games on as background noise instead of making time to actually watch. At least give me an offseason of sunshine pumping about a new QB

yont sum iss? likes this.
  12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Wayna is quarantined twice due to contact tracing. 28 daya total. Saban tests positive and coaches 3 days later

13. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

After the abysmal outing last week, I was confident that would be the gameplan today. I mean, I'm not in the coaching profession (tee ball doesn't count) but hot damn it's obvious what our strengths and weaknesses are. JG is straight up costing us ballgames. How in the hell is he the best option on the table? There's no way in hell the staff doesn't see that.

14. KyleAlexanderfan

Yeah that makes zero sense. Is there a different rule for coaches? Did the contract tracing rule get changed? All of those guys should’ve been allowed to get tested at whatever lab Saban did for 3 straight negatives.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

was a false positive. hD 3 subsequent negative pcrs

16. KyleAlexanderfan

So why not let players get the same treatment and get back to practice instead of an automatic, unquestioned 14 days.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

because we live in a time when the wealthy and powerful live under different rules

SetVol13 and NorrisAlan like this.
  18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

You saw Shrout. Maurer was knocked out of almost every game he played it seems. Bailey missed spring and most of fall.

Tar Volon likes this.
  19. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

The worst part is we don’t have one for at least another 13 months

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That’s all of human history and it’s also not the reasoning and science behind not allowing those in contact tracing to just test negative and be cleared.