The Butch Jones Doomsday Clock is now the Jeremy Pruitt Doomsday Clock

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Sep 24, 2016.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Yikes.

Pruitt has also now lost to every SEC East team. Hasn’t lost to any SEC West teams except Alabama, although the chances of that continuing another year are dropping by the week.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

In 2 weeks time we've gone from even the national media wondering if we are back to firing the whole staff.

That's kind of impressive.

5. Tar Volon

It’s been quite a two weeks. Maybe one day Tennessee will have the opposite two weeks?

6. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Not hard to figure when you ve been outscored 61 - 7 over the last 6 quarters of football and 4 of those were against UK.

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  7. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

You hitch your wagon to Guaran[uck fay]all and anything is possible.

8. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

There doesn’t appear to be much coaching going on the offensive side of the football in game. It shouldn’t take these embarrassing losses to fire this coaching staff up to coach like Ga St and BYU last year. Something is wrong with that.

IP likes this.
  9. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

We can also safely put to bed the worry of Forrest leaving for home when Saban retires. They won’t touch him with a 10 foot pole for head coach. Maybe when we fire him, he can go home as a DC.

TDVol1989 and IP like this.
  10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

And keep trotting a QB out that had 6 turnovers in 50 minutes of football.

IP likes this.
  11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Weinke and Friend should be fired immediately.

Memtownvol likes this.
  12. Beechervol

Here's what I dont get with that.

Before the second half of UGA you were getting about the best you re gonna get out of him. Which is mediocre. You can win 6 or 7 games on this schedule with that.

After halftime of UGA he proceeds to turn the ball over 6 times over roughly the next 3 quarters. (3 of which were direct tds by the opposing defense)

You pull him out (and while Shrout blew his chance terribly) you put him back in and then essentially tell your team down 3 scores in the 3rd quarter you re not gonna give him any more chances to work his way out of it.

1. You either give him a chance to find some rythm because you re not winning that game with the QB not making some throws.
    Or
    2. You cut bait, and give the next guy the opportunity to make the plays you must make to compete today and in the future.

I may be flat out wrong but that team looked totally deflated the second half with him on the field. I dont know if that was the reason but for the first time in Pruitts tenure it didnt look like this team wanted play.

I have no idea where this team goes from here. It was a similar feeling after UF last year.
    The one thing I was sure of last year was we were ready to move on and take our lumps with a younger QB. History tells me not to trust that yet.

reVOLt and IP like this.
  13. Beechervol

You can't compete in this league if you dont have good to great QB play. If you re not getting it from option A you better get option B on the field and let him start figuring it out. You re playing for wins and development now. You re not playing for a championship anymore.

Memtownvol likes this.
  14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

We’d have worn those guys out with Stetson and he sucks too. That tells you where #2 is at

Tar Volon likes this.
  15. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

We got squatted on and tea bagged. And here’s the punchline...KY did not play well

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Offensively they were awful. And made is their [itch bay].

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

They’re complete garbage.

18. TDVol1989

Several missed clarifications of this. They said Pruitt decided early in camp that the COVID restrictions made it too hard to work more than 2 QBs. Therefore he stopped working Bailey. Something about limitations on time, reps, and number of players involved.

All I know is that Covid 19 has pretty much ruined anything I give a crap about. I am going to lose 1 business, make 50% less in another, and be a shoe shiner in our future dystopian nightmare of a country who babbles semi accurate nostalgic facts about Tennessee football as I remember it circa Jan 1999.

19. TDVol1989

And Bassman probably never ran a sub 4.85 40

InVolNerable and CardinalVol like this.
  20. Tar Volon

I don’t think it’s the first time in his tenure—I felt like it looked very similar to the UF game last year. Which is why I’m not hitting the defense too hard for giving up 17 in the second half. It just felt like we were totally deflated. I mean, the offense had three second half possessions before the game was out of reach, and they punted on 4th and 1 the first time and then got half-the-distance personal fouls on the next two in a row. That’s not even QB mistakes, the team just didn’t have their heads right at all.

I tend to think that once you see a team give up, they’re cooked, but we have seen Pruitt take a team that looked like this and get them to play with some real fight, and I kinda expect that again. But I don’t think it’s going to come without a QB change. I mean, we got a QB change last year, it just didn’t last because Maurer kept getting hurt. If Bailey gets hurt, then we may well see Guarantano again. But it’s hard for me to imagine Guarantano starting next week.

A-Smith likes this.