The Butch Jones Doomsday Clock is now the Jeremy Pruitt Doomsday Clock

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Sep 24, 2016.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

lol, we're so screwed

utvol0427 likes this.
  2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Bo Pelini? Lol.

utvol0427 likes this.
  3. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

If you want to talk about a program waving the white flag once and for all...that'd be it.

4. yont sum iss?

How the hell would bringing in a guy who hasn't coached at all in 12 years and hasn't coached well in about 20 stabilize anything? I thought I accidently logged on to that other place for second there. This program is breaking our brains.

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'd prefer to run my [penis] through one of those spiral slicers.

6. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Well Harbaugh is probably going to be out of a job soon...

7. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I don't know what is going on at Michigan this year but I'd take Harbaugh in a New York minute. First year after taking over for that idiot Hoeke he goes 10-3. Lost his first game 24-17 at Utah who wound up 10-3 that year. Then lost to MSU 27-23 in one of the craziest finishes I've ever seen where the punter drops the snap then flings it to MSU accidentally and MSU runs it in for a TD. Then they did get beat down by OSU 42-13. But come back and beat Florida 41-7 in the Citrus Bowl. Beat 4 teams ranked in the Top 25.

Year 2 (2016) 10-3 loses first game of year in game 10 to Iowa 14-13. Loses to OSU 30-27 and loses the Orange Bowl 33-32 to FSU. 3 losses by a combined 5 points.

Year 3 (2017) 8-5. Lost to MSU by 4, Penn State beat them 42-13, then three straight losses at the end of the season 24-10 vs Wisconsin, 31-20 vs OSU, and 26-19 vs South Carolina.

Year 4 (2018) 10-3. Lost 24-17 to Notre Dame, 62-39 vs OSU, and 41-15 to Florida. But reeled off wins over 3 top 25 teams back to back to back weeks over Wisconsin 38-13, MSU 21-7, and Penn St 42-7.

Year 5 (2019) 9-4. Lost to Wisconsin 35-14, 28-21 vs Penn State, 56-27 vs OSU, and 35-16 vs Bama.

Year 6 (2020) 1-3. Beat Minnesota 49-24. Now 3 straight losses to MSU 27-24, 38-21 vs Indiana (who is undefeated), and 49-11 vs Wisconsin (who is also undefeated).

I would be high on Harbaugh just knowing his track record. Heck, he may feel like he would have a lot to prove. And he's about 2 billion light years better than Coach Gomer. And this would be the only time you could ever likely get him relatively cheap. He will still cost some money but I think even we could afford him in this situation he may be in after this season.

8. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I'm more worried about the Briarcrest stories we don't know about with Freeze. Granted, it sounds like that angle has been pursued pretty heavily at this point.

9. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

9-3 beats Pruitt

10. TDVol1989

Who are you referencing? Fulmer? I say he is better than Pruitt. Prove me wrong.

11. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

12. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Chadwell is a turnaround guy. Turns shit into champagne everywhere he goes.

If you watch Coastal play, they’re a very well-coached football team, and remarkably versatile offensively.

I’d sell my soul for Meyer or Stoops, but I could find a way to get behind Chadwell once we moved into the realistic options.

13. yont sum iss?

Yes. I’m referencing the guy you’re talking about. That’s why I replied to your post. And you were talking bringing about stability by doing something unfathomably stupid.

InVolNerable likes this.
  14. TDVol1989

Hmmm. Diversity of thought isn’t welcome I suppose. But I said as a transitional 2-3yr solution. Fulmer would do better than Pruitt with this team. He would win more games short term. We can’t afford another in year 3 coach.

this is a place to discuss. It isn’t a place for y’ont some infallible knowledge. I was asked and I gave my opinion. I prefer to get rid of Gomer, put in a Fulmer or cut to stabilize and then reboot. Fulmer was down in the end no doubt. But it wasn’t football follies.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think Chadwell has a more realistic chance of success here than some of the retreads and blasts from the past mentioned here earlier.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

I’d dunk a basketball on a 12 foot basket before Bo Pelini puts up a 9-3

17. doolmeonce

doolmeonce Member

Attached Files:

TDVol1989 and InVolNerable like this.
  18. JohnnyQuickkick

For Tennessee, genius.

IP likes this.
  19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

On the contrary. You have not been banned, you have not had your posts modified you have not been told to leave (unless in the GTFO manner that is common on the internet, but not to be taken literally).

Anyone can come on here and say the stupidest shit ever said by Man. They can come here and say the greatest shit ever said by Man. All are welcome, save out right prejudice and bigotry.

However, you are going to have to defend any position you hold.

That is what this site was built on.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's an east Tennessean that's already been caught cheating by the NCAA, bring him on