VolNation Idiots

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by zehr27, Sep 13, 2015.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

From 2000ish on it was terrible.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That 2001 SEC CG pretty much took the steam out of Fulmer. Program was never the same.

Memtownvol likes this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The national championship took the steam out of Fulmer

SetVol13, Volst53 and HongKongPhooey like this.
  4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

2001 we were still balling. 10-1. Rohan wasn't going to beat us. Casey was throwing all over them. Then bad luck Davey gets hurt, and a mobile future nfl qb 22 year old "freshman" comes off the bench and keeps the chains moving. We outgained them by over 100 yards, avg double their ypp, but 2 fumbles killed us. I don't see that game as Fulmer losing due to not having the energy or focus or bad coaching. Just one of those games.

5. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

6. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Fulmer signed 16 players at Tennessee who went on to become first-round NFL draft picks. Included in that bunch: Peyton Manning, Jamal Lewis, Shaun Ellis, Albert Haynesworth, Eric Berry, Jerod Mayo and Al Wilson.

But, when the dust settles, I'll ride with Al Wilson's assessment.

“I always admired the way he allowed guys to be themselves, but also the way he helped young men grow into not only great football players, but great men,” Wilson said. “It’s a tribute to him as a coach that he was able to manage so many personalities, from players to assistant coaches.”

7. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Not sure if that data also includes any credit for recruiting and development as an OL coach or OC.

Bottomline, whatever reason anyone wants to ascribe to the "decline", the last 10 years have sucked re: player development and NFL draft potential for the kids.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Fulmer in the late 90's is different from Fulmer in 00's. I watched his players have no respect for him or the University first hand. He got soft and lazy and so did the team and I like Fulmer

CardinalVol and JT5 like this.
  9. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Yep.

If he does not get this Pruitt-thing right, that will be the legacy the youngsters will remember.

10. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Look at the antics of offensive leaders like Erik Ainge, Arian Foster, Josh Briscoe, and compare that to their predecessors of 5-7 prior. Night and day, both from a talent and maturity standpoint.

InVolNerable and Memtownvol like this.
  11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

This is probably fair. Even though I was a older and paying more attention in the 200s, I still remember the 90s and its players a lot better.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Being on campus and seeing how they spoke to the coaches and support staff was mindblowing. Not all of them, it was a handful of shitheads that sucked.

I was fortunate enough to spend a lot of time around Gus and Haywood, they spoke a lot about how things were changing, I didn't realize what they meant

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Foster should have been booted in 06, I think that would have helped Fulmer out down the road.

14. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Agreed. Foster would have been right at home in the Lyle-era.

justingroves likes this.
  15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

VFL-82-JP

holy cow

Volgrad98 likes this.
  16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

?

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Just daily nonsense of the common VN variety.

Recently:

I can't think of a single so called negavol there that hasn't either been accurate or wildly optimistic compared to actual results over the last decade.

IP likes this.
  18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I just didn't see how we could have a VN idiots thread w/o giving him a shout.

IP likes this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

meanwhile, posivols happily eat shit and call it caviar. If they run low on bread from shit sandwiches, they conserve it and make shit toast.

A-Smith likes this.
  20. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

He's definitely one of the few standouts over there.