Seriously, the best post ever right here.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Unimane, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

No, not mine. I'm not one for posting a bunch of other posts from different boards, but I couldn't ignore this one from Volquest:

If an Alabama fan poisoned the trees at Toomers Corner, it should not be a reach to suggest that someone with a grudge aginst UT (BOL, Buffy, 1234, etc) would want to poison this board. Most of us are on to them and wonder why they bother to post anymore other than to attempt to divide and piss off the board. They may or may not be UT grads, but it is obvious they want Coach Dooley and UT to fail. I think most of us have our concerns, but we want CDD and UT to win big again. This should be the year that CDD shows what he has learned and can do with better talent. GO VOL's!!!!

Maybe I'm wrong and this is run of the mill idiocy, but the post hit on every insane idea by the pumpers in one short paragraph, paranoia, conspiracy theory, fans wanting to bring down the program because they don't fall in lock step behind the program, I mean Dooley (never mind, those two things are the same) and the righteous nature of "real Vol fans". I actually thought it was a kind of genius in that way, but still good to laugh at.

2. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

They've got you right where they want you.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

That was gold. Pure gold.

4. Unimane

I think you should show more respect. Bringing down a modern college football power through message boards is pure genius and completely real. That's how we ended communism, you know.

By the way, and it just may be the teacher in me, but did anyone notice the possessive form of "GO VOL's" at the end? I'm telling you, the layers of this post is just astounding. It's like watching Inception, I see something new every time.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  5. hallowed_hill

Throwing out extremes, I think the folks on vq are dumber, on average, than toos. What say y'all?

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I honestly have never frequented VQ. Just never cared enough to pay. Not a true fan i guess.

7. hallowed_hill

I dont either. Just get a lot passed along at work.

8. Unimane

I've paid for a long time (and actually canceling this month), mostly because it seemed like they had the best, most organized source of information at the time. They probably still do. But, the Volquest people make the Volnation people look they're having an analytical discussion between Einstein and Stephen Hawking on quantum physics. It's high entertainment, though. No place is more obsessed with keeping Vol fans in line and eliminating any potential negativity on Dooley than they are. I'll never forget calling Dooley a jerk in a thread and one poster started a new [uck fay]ing thread titled "Mods, why isn't Unimane banned for what he said about Dooley?". I got four days vacation for that one. Never thought I'd get tattle-taled on a damn message board.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's good stuff

10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I wouldn't last on VQ long enough for my credit card transaction to pay the fee to be approved.

11. hallowed_hill

Sounds like a deal to me.

I didnt realize they were that heavy-handed.

12. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Only insecure/immature people are afraid of divergent opinions and feel the need to silence them to "protect" folks. It's a private entity so they have every right to censor the content. I have every right to not support their endeavors as well. I am always wary at attempts to silence others. That just has an ominous vibe to it. Ideas/opinions will stand on their own if they have merit. If not, they will fail. That's the way it should be. God Bless America! (Begin humming Battle Hymn of the Republic immediately followed by our National Anthem.)

13. hallowed_hill

I get it. It's Brent's meal ticket, so he's going to do whatever it takes to stay bff's with the ut athletic dept. I'm reading Theodore Rex right now (read The Rise of TR last year). Teddy loved and controlled the media at will.

14. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

The homerism on VQ is at least equal to VN. It's pathetic.

15. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

FWIW, the guy that posted that on VQ is a troll.

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

There's not enough red ink in the world to mark errors such as this on the internet.

To be fair, it seems to be slipping everywhere.