F1 Season

Discussion in 'Sports' started by The Dooz, Mar 17, 2012.

Tags:
  1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Starts this weekend. Discuss among yourselves.

2. Fleetwood1104

Fleetwood1104 New Member

looks like it is going to be a lot more competitive this year and not have one guy run away with it. mercedes power overall is looking strong and ferrari looks like shit so far. i'm curious to see how kimi does this year

3. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

McLaren on it?

Points for Kimi in his return. Cool.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Nice work for Ferrari this morning. Too bad the rain delay caused my DVR to cut off for the last 10 laps.

5. Fleetwood1104

Fleetwood1104 New Member

i learned long ago to set my DVR an extra 1 1/2 hours for every race, it's not like it's going to cause you to miss recording something else at that time of the morning. if you missed the last 10 laps, you missed a lot. sergio perez caught up to alonson, about .25 seconds behind before he went off track with 5 to go and still managed to go from 5.5 secs back to right around 1 second back at the flag. somehow the rain made ferrari look good but as soon as it started to dry up they looked like a turd again. massa finished in 18th i believe and there is no way he makes it past mid season in that car, if he makes it that far. for whatever reason no one had anything for perez, who is rumored to be possibly taking massas ride. red bull looked like hot garbage, in comparison to last year, kimi pulled out a 5thmclaren still looks like the team to beat, they just beat themselves in malaysia.many

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2012
  6. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Four races, four different winners, two Lotus (Lotae?) on the podium. What do they think they are, the IRL?

7. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Hell of a run by Kimi on Sunday. Just not enough.

8. Fleetwood1104

Fleetwood1104 New Member

i'm just really hoping that last weekend doesn't mean that red bull has it all figured out now and the rest of the season is going to turn into the sebastian vettell show again. it seems like so far every race is somewhat of a toss up of who might win.

9. Fleetwood1104

Fleetwood1104 New Member

well don't fogert though this isn't some start up team. i may be wrong but isn't this still basically the left over sauber team that was solid last the last 2 years when they were running as renault. i think kimi's imput has to help a lot, in comparison the drivers they have had the past couple of years and grosjean looks like he could compete for a top 10 every week and possibly much better with the right car

10. Fleetwood1104

Fleetwood1104 New Member

one of the better races i've seen in a long time this weekend. being monaco is a big part of it but having 6 cars basically nose to tail for the last 10 laps. i was glad to see ferrari have a strong showing. i would have liked to see schumacher be able to pull out the win though, just for old times sake

11. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Yes, a most interesting race, what with the question of rain, Red Bull's strategy with Vettell, then to have so many cars together at the end, specially at Monaco was great.

12. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Another entertaining GP today. Would like to see Kimi get a win, but it's hard to top a driver winning in his home country and the reaction it gets from the crowd.

13. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

That is one aspect only F-1 has, the degree of international involvement and an Olympic like pride of a countryman doing well.

14. Fleetwood1104

Fleetwood1104 New Member

this is turning into a pretty interesting season so far. i thought at the beginning of the season mercedes (mclaren and factory) was going to be the car to beat. it seems like the previous seasons, the car that had it right out of the gate ran away with it. i notice at time that sebastian vettel most of the time looks like crap when he doesn't have the dominant car, webber is much better at taking a turd and making it work. the other times vettel looks like schumacher jr out there, i can't decide if he's that good or not. speaking of overachieving i'm still not sold that ferrari is back. alonso is worlds better than massa and it shows every week. i doubt it's going to happen but perez or maldando next to alonso next year sounds a lot better than massa. i believe jenson button is similar to sebastian vettel. he never even compted with his team mate when he drove for BAR honda but as soon as ross brawn gave him a dominate car he couldn't be stopped. now that he's had a great ride in mclaren for two years, he qualifies like shit and the only way he does finish in the top five is if he lucks out in qualifying.

15. Fleetwood1104

Fleetwood1104 New Member

i came across this today which i thought is pretty cool, shows a pretty good breakdown of the car. 022_1280.jpg

16. Fleetwood1104

Fleetwood1104 New Member

then there is the video that goes with it which i'm sure has been seen
    [video=youtube;_Wn1EFLa2C8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_Wn1EFLa2C8[/video]

17. Fleetwood1104

Fleetwood1104 New Member

F1 returns this weekend, anyone looking for anything special the second half of the season?

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yes, flat out through Eau Rouge on Sunday. I can't wait to see it in person one day.

And the Scuderia staking their claim to the top.

19. Fleetwood1104

Fleetwood1104 New Member

i'm a big ferrari guy and i would love to see that but after that long of a break i'm really not sure if they can stay ahead of red bull and mclarenas you know those two have been going insane trying to come up with new stuff.

20. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Kimi Raikkonen Retirement Memorial GP this weekend.