The VN Faildozer Tourney selection announcement thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by WM, Aug 30, 2011.

1. WM

WM Active Member

We have 64 posters ready to bleed orange for your entertainment.
    Who will be left standing in this vast landfill of fail?

First, lets name the four #1 seeds for this year.

Endzone Region - #1 HendersonVol
    Politics Region - #1 Gibbs
    Main Board Region - #1 MHF
    Recruiting Region - #1 Sab

I will reveal the seedings for each region soon. Maybe give a sneak peek to one of them before i call it a night.

2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

GSVol is going to be pissed.

3. WM

WM Active Member

A promised, one region with a rough draft.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I'm already struggling with Eric being a 4 (and going against his boy Sab that soon?) and Rexy only being a 6. JMoore is a douche, but I can't put him above Rexy. Let the complaining begin!

5. WM

WM Active Member

The committee has spoken!

6. WM

WM Active Member

Rex is a lower than expected seed but he could rape that lower part of the bracket.
    I expect him to have a fight with jmoore and oklavol but the regional finals could be epic.

The Sab/Eric scenario was orchestrated. I wanted to make sure these two rivals played each other.

7. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

for your bracket, as much as it pains me to screw eric and Rexy out of high seeds, I still have rexy making it to the elite 8 and I'm going to have to contemplate that matchup against Sab. Sab has done a lot in his short time. Are we looking at whole body of work or just in the past year? Rex was reamed so often and so hard before the mods really started protecting all those guys that he backed off a lot on his own, thus making Sab a stronger player currently. For full body of work though, Rexy would be tough to beat from just about anyone. His hypocritical pieces are scattered throughout TOOS's storied history.

8. WM

WM Active Member

For those who still post in TOOS, when you see some of these contestants post, just reply a simple "good luck".

9. WM

WM Active Member

Always have to look at how they finished. Just look at how different things looked when this tourney first started.
    Body of work counts for something as well, but if you had this say two years ago ksush and Walt would probably be looking at a three or four seed.
    I'm handicapping some of the old favorites, give them a challenge to run through these rounds with some of the newbs.

10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

A two seed is getting sold short iyam.

11. WM

WM Active Member

I could make this a group decision. Have a mods thread meeting and sift through the 64 names.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

There's always going to be controversy in the seeding. I say just grab a volunteer to assist and go for it at this point, and we can all discuss the fictional "committee's" results.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Oklavol as a 2?

Seems high given the people in the dance.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No, it's not

15. CardinalVol

Guess I'm just not familiar enough with his overall body of work. Nothign flashes greatness to me in what I have seen.

16. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

i had no idea windy was in the recruiting region

17. =rpvol=

=rpvol= Member

yes he is...lol

18. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

what's great about these seedings are how people like oklavol, eric and Rexy are sort of like Phil Fulmer football teams, they always play to the level of the field. Eric, Rexy and Oklavol feed off of others intelligence to look as good as they do albeit, it's still extremely scary. I'm tempted to take Eric over Sab. Taking Eric over Sab makes it a lot easier to pick him to beat Rexy that's for sure.

As for oklavol, JG is right, he's as dumb as they come. He doesn't flaunt it, just because he doesn't know any better. H

19. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

but how could sab not win his region? between the love letter, his twitter, getting called out by a future vols mom, getting called out on the knoxville airwaves. i mean Sab could very easily be the overall #1 seed

20. CardinalVol

HendersonVol has made a strong case for it in the last 36 hours. Depending on how the brackets fall out that's my pick for the title game.