Who we gunna git? Part 4

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by utvol0427, Jan 18, 2021.

1. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I don’t see how anyone can objectively rank our job ahead of Georgia’s. Talent base alone gives it a clear advantage. You can build a national championship roster without leaving the state. You can’t do that here.

utvol0427, tvolsfan and NorrisAlan like this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

It isn't overpaying to pay someone what it takes to get them here. We can't have high standards AND be cheapskates... Well, we can but you end up with shitty hires that way. It will cost what it costs.

Memtownvol likes this.
  3. Power_T16

Power_T16 Chieftain

Georgia’s probably the best job in the SEC. Certainly better than Tenn

NorrisAlan likes this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

tvolsfan likes this.
  5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I had Georgia above Tennessee, but then moved it. Because [uck fay] UGA.

6. NorrisAlan

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Unfortunately true, but Norris has lived a couple of decades where such a thought would have been laughable.

tvolsfan and Memtownvol like this.
  8. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I’d put Bama, Georgia and LSU 1, 2, & 3. Florida next, A&M and then UT.

9. NorrisAlan

aTm? I personally think the Texas schools are vastly overrated in their appeal and ability to do anything.

And that school is just BIZARRE.

justingroves, tvolsfan and awebb7 like this.
  10. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I rank Florida ahead of LSU, but my top 5 is the same group. Have us 6th, Auburn 7th, and the second half of the conference is an entirely different job category all together.

11. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

They were attractive enough to go out and pluck a sitting national championship coach from a powerhouse program.

NorrisAlan, Savage Orange and IP like this.
  12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Pretty much at the point where let's get Elliott and call it a day.

OneForVol likes this.
  13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don’t really think fan expectations are the reason he’d say the job is unattractive to a coach.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Based on your emotional state or what you’ve heard?

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yes.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

He hasn't been at this very long yet. It will be one week on Thursday. Everything could be going fine and we still don't get an announcement until tomorrow or Thursday. Now, after that, it will be time to just smash and grab the best available up and comer.

17. NorrisAlan

Fair, but look at the complete dumpster fire he left behind at FSU. Not to mention they paid him OBSCENE amounts of money, all of which is guaranteed, as I understand it. Let's see if he actually wins anything there, though.

18. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

The talent pool in Texas is enough for me. The tradition, weird as it is, is still strong and they’ve won a lot more than we have in this millennium... and, what JT5 said.

19. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

I've seen it on boards over the years.

I don't listen to much sports radio, so I have no idea what Swain said. I don't think any arguments could be substantiated that Tennessee is an unattractive or undesirable job.

20. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Yeah, the fan base is probably more a selling point than a deterrent here. But there are plenty of tangible, job-related obstacles that make this an Everest of a task for someone who’s making dream money and already doing well elsewhere.