Meet the new Boss

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NorrisAlan, Oct 10, 2020.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

He had regressed to the point of barely being .500 in the AAC. No reason to think he's going to walk into Knoxville and have us above that mark regularly.

2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I know I shouldn’t be, considering how dumb the vast majority of the UT fanbase is, but the amount of support this hire is getting is pretty shocking to me.

3. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

I'm not, most people lick windows.

Savage Orange likes this.
  4. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

David Cutcliffe was the first name that came to my mind.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

To be fair, current offensive players, their parents and some former VFLs arent angry. Are they all dumb?

6. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Yes. More than likely.

InVolNerable likes this.
  7. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

In a lot of cases they are dumb. In others they simply have no choice but to be optimistic. Fans have a choice.

8. KyleAlexanderfan

The ones I saw tweeting support are 100% dumb as shit.

9. Ssmiff

I dont think a wr being excited about going from 15 catches a year to 50 is dumb. Hyatt and Velus are going to explode. They play the game and want to get to the next level, so are more invested than fans, have more riding on it and react with less emotion.

10. Ssmiff

Says the guy who rationalized bringing Franklin

11. KyleAlexanderfan

Yeah - who would want an elite coach? Sheep.

12. Ssmiff

Sheep would want an elite shepherd, imo. Dont think they worry about Franklin unless its hunch punch night

utvol0427 likes this.
  13. KyleAlexanderfan

Sheep it up, furball.

14. Savage Orange

Some folks try to take the high road in public... I’d be interested to see what they’d say behind closed doors. If folks are genuinely happy about this hire, yes... I’d question them about why.

15. Savage Orange

It didn’t have to be either/or. We could have hired a coach who was both a proven high level winner AND not a complete POS.

16. Ssmiff

As i mentioned, qbs and wrs are happy because the offense is explosive and wrs just went from few if any targets per game from a make a wish qb and 1 page playbook to using the whole field and being targeted 10 times a game and chance to put up some numbers which will help get them to the next level.

17. Savage Orange

If it works out that way (and we don’t lose a bunch of 54-49 games) fine... but Inhave a strong suspicion we’re going to lose a bunch of 54-49 games. I get players looking out for their NFL futures, but I also want players who want to win at the level they’re currently AT.

18. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Here we go, intro press conference. I'm genuinely curious.

And just happened to notice this in the chat...
    [​IMG]

InVolNerable likes this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

"the fan base." [itch bay], I am still paying my loans from that school. You get out.

justingroves and Savage Orange like this.
  20. Savage Orange

Not me. Couldn’t care less what he has to say. Unlike the last few hires, I’m completely unwilling to give any craps whatsoever about Coach Batman.