2020-21 Basketball Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Apr 25, 2020.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Worst Kentucky team in a long time and they are going to beat us by 20 at home.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

One of the more embarrassing efforts I can remember, Vol football-like.

I don't see any way in hell this team can string together games to make it to the second weekend in the tournament, unless they get really favorable matchups, and it's not like Barnes is "Mr. March" in any way, either. I think we roll into the 4-6 seed and that is the danger zone for the NCAA tournament.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Hoops is about making shots and when you go 5-25, results are gonna suck. I dont believe we didn't try today. We just sucked, were overmatched lengthwise, missed JJJ and missed everything from the field. Gotta win the last 2 and get JJJ healthy

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Disappointing season.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  5. Unimane

There's a lot more than just making shots which goes into wins and losses. We absolutely did not match the intensity and effort of Kentucky today, 100%.

Our inside game is a huge liability. I don't know what happened to Fulkerson and Pons has regressed from last year in terms of production, plus there are recruiting misses galore as Barnes seemed to have been convinced he could find and develop the next Grant Williams.

6. Ssmiff

All true uni, but when you go 6'4, 6'6 and 6'9 against 6'9, 6'10 and 7', post will be limited. This squad will struggle vs length everytime with no pg and no true post, which was my concern going into the season. Need both badly.

7. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

The PG part will get fixed next year. Doesn't look like the post will.

SetVol13 and Tar Volon like this.
  8. Ssmiff

Yes it will, and I wish we could find a 6-10 post who can also shoot the 3 to clear out some space. Unless we get a transfer, doesn't appear it's happening, and bigger teams will simply switch everything and close gaps

9. Unimane

I'll settle for something more than tall cheerleaders on the sideline who can't average more than 2 pts and 2 boards a game.

Quite honestly, I hope there are about 3 guys who decide to transfer this year. They, clearly, aren't at their ideal level of play here.

10. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Who is going to be the fix?

11. Ssmiff

Chandler can handle the ball and penetrate as well as any pg we have ever had. Should free up Vescovi and Bailey to catch and shoot, which is what they need to be doing. Our 4 and 5 are gonna suck unless Mashack can come in and help at the 4

12. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Yeah I was referring more to any kind of help in the post.

13. Ssmiff

No. An issue for Barnes. Need a transfer. Fulk will probably be back and healthier but he can't compete inside unless he's running the floor

14. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Pippen and Disu are out for Vandy. Let's see if Pember can score 40 tonight

15. Unimane

Vandy very active on defense and helping hard on all drives.

16. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

We just suck.

17. Unimane

Dear Lord, we cannot [uck fay]ing shoot.

18. Ssmiff

Dude shooting from his chest like a HS girl lighting us up

19. Unimane

I really am not understanding the substitution patterns. We just seem to throw random guys out there.

20. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Fulky has 2 fouls and Nkamhoua playing like a [itch bay].