COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

2:30 today, just got the word.

cpninja and NorrisAlan like this.
  2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

My mom got hers this morning.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Nice.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I bet she did

5. fl0at_

A co-worker, early 40s, good physical condition still, said his first felt like he had a bad night of drinking in college. Said he didn't even notice his second.

Some people are going the opposite, with the second dose being the one that runs them down.

6. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

I wouldn't have even known I got a shot after the first one (haven't had the 2nd), but I have known a few that could not even use their arm for a day after the first and 2nd.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I would love to find out how I react.

VolDad likes this.
  8. fl0at_

Weren't you the guy who also actually got shot in a car jacking, and didn't know it? If so, I might question your threshold for initial pain.

IP likes this.
  9. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

You have a good memory. Actually it was an armed robbery and I most certainly knew it and felt it.

10. fl0at_

Don't tell anyone, it might hurt my reputation.

I recall you saying you were standing around talking to the cops, and they were going to hit you again. I'm just saying, you're threshold for initial pain might be skewed to the right a tad.

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Uh, story time?

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I always get a lot of reaction from vaccination, but I am not concerned. I think it will suck both times for me. always fine until the next day, then the limb is very angry

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

My wife’s grandparents didn’t really have any trouble with either dose. Maybe just some tiredness the next day

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Felt like a rocephin shot. Real thick.

Been kinda lightheaded but nothing out of the ordinary. Very little soreness so far, but it’s to be expected tomorrow. Been moving it around a bit to hopefully alleviate the soreness tomorrow.

CitrusCo.Vol likes this.
  15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

My sister is an RN and got the first shot a while back.

She said the next two days all the lymph nodes on the side of the injection were swollen. It subsided and after 14 days she tested positive for antibodies in her system.

fl0at_ likes this.
  16. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

More signs that supply will seriously be ramping over the next few months:

Moderna will achieve 40MM/mo by April. Pfizer will be at 50+MM/mo in March.

17. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

It’s stories like this that make me feel much better about having a concealed carry permit. I was absolutely against it until my Father was almost carjacked, from that point forward I decided it was time to protect myself and family. Train often and be responsible.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

direct this straight into my subcutaneous tissue

19. fl0at_

Are those numbers numbers to us, or total production?

If total, it's good, but low.

20. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

This was stated in prepared testimony to Congress. They said they will be increasing supply made available. It reads like this is for US distribution - but it isn’t 100% clearly spelled out. It was said in the context of why they are moving up their delivery targets (100 MM by x, which is earlier than y originally committed).