‘22 TN QB Ty Simpson

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by yont sum iss?, May 31, 2020.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Heupel had no chance, imo. Even Homer Simpson isn't dumb enough to come here over Bama or Clemson.

2. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

There’s just zero excitement or buzz around this program anymore. I can’t imagine recruiting is going to be pretty in general for a while barring drastic overachievement on the field next year.

3. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I mean, if you have a choice between a brand new Ferrari (Johnny come lately Clemson) , a perfectly restored classic Rolls Royce (Bama) or a barn find Bugatti (UT) that used to be nice but has deteriorated terribly and needs a ton of work to put right... the choice is pretty clear. Maybe Arch will want to put in the work, but I doubt it. We’re a tarnished brand and it’ll be a while before the really big names will consider Tennessee as a worthwhile place. This kid wasn’t even a giggle between the sheets last time UT was any good.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Disappointing.

Not surprising, but disappointing nonetheless.

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Win and it changes. There's absolutely no other way to change it.

6. Savage Orange

Yeah. What fun it’s going to be to watch him come into Neyland for at least two trips to just rub our faces in the absolute crap program we’ve become... wheeeee!!! At least if he’d have gone to Clemson we wouldn’t have to listen to bammers gloating about how the best player in Tennessee couldn’t wait to get out of there so he could actually win something.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Could he have beaten out Bailey or Salter? Get Horn and move on. I mean, on one level I get going to Bama, obviously. But, a life long UT fan and you pick Alabama? I couldn't suck it up and pull the trigger myself.

justingroves, CitrusCo.Vol and IP like this.
  8. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Probably just need to accept that this is what it is and what it’s going to be until Saban hangs it up. He just sucks all the energy out of this conference. There’s only so much winning you can do when your ability to get players is limited thanks to other programs convincing kids that we are about to get SMU’d

9. Savage Orange

If a kid isn’t smart enough to figure out that the ‘AA is never going to “SMU” anyone ever again, maybe he NEEDS to be in a state like Alabama...

10. yont sum iss?

Being a lifelong UT football fan as a 17 year old now just isn't the same as being a lifelong UT football fan back when most of us were 17. I think we just can't understand it. I mean when were these current recruits born? 2003-2004? They don't REALLY remember any pre Dooley/Jones era Vol football. We're so [uck fay]ed barring a miracle.

11. yont sum iss?

We've methodically SMU'd ourselves over the last 20 years.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

It's been said before, the NCAA couldn't do more damage to UT than UT has done to UT.

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

14. yont sum iss?

To pump a little sunshine though, the kid in GA (also a UT fan I guess) is about 100 miles closer to Knoxville and plays against possibly the best competition in the country. Pulling him would probably be just as good if not better from a pure football standpoint.

15. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

If he doesn’t go pro in baseball, yes.

16. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

There are a lot of quarterbacks who can have success in Heupel’s offense. If we land a top ten national guy, I think we’ll be fine. Just gotta go get him, which may be easier said than done

17. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

There's no denying he would have been a huge pull for Heupel. His commitment could have made the class but this won't break it either.

I'll be interested to see if they like the Wade kid out of Williamson County any. His twin is also a top LB prospect.

18. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

I have a confession...I’d not watched a single piece of film on Ty before today, nor had I heard the kid speak. I think we dodged a bullet, boys. This isn’t a “we didn’t want him anyway” post. Just an observation.

justingroves and JT5 like this.
  19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

tell me more. I've only seen a couple passes. My question coming from an area like Martin will always be, how many D1 players did you play with and against, and I don't know that answer either.

20. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

Highlights showed him being chased by midgets for 30 seconds while his receivers got open. Sorry...I meant “little people”.