POLITICS The Biden Presidency

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Jan 20, 2021.

1. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Equally critical to the money, is getting connected to organizations on the ground and already acting. Hopefully that's being done. Having congressional reps going in person like this helps the chances of that being the case and verified.

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I hope they (Cruz, AOC, Beto, whomever) turn it into a war, to see who can raise the most money. And then put that money to good, sustainable, use.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

They need to get Dave Portnoy involved. That guy knows how to raise money better than anyone.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Marcus Lemonis is also getting water sent to Texas like crazy.

VolDad likes this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sounds like I need to make sure I do some shopping at Camping World when getting ready for this summer.

zehr27 likes this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

sounds like the forever war drone strike stuff is in jeopardy of being cancelled. good.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Wonder if we can actually close gitmo, now, rather than just pretend to, like Obama did.

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

12. chef65

chef65 Contributor

NorrisAlan and warhammer like this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Not sure where this belongs, but I can't stop laughing at THIS being the straw that broke the camel's back, with regards to Chris Cuomo covering his brother for CNN.

I remember having a conversation a while back with Float about media bias. If I remember correctly, his stance was that media is and always has been biased, that what we are seeing in the media now, with how they treat the left vs how they treat the right, is not unique. Maybe he's right, but it's difficult for me to believe that.

It just blows my mind that Chris Cuomo, who considers himself a journalist, I guess, didn't see the problem with him covering his brother throughout the entirety of the pandemic, but sees the problem now that his brother is being accused of sexual harrassment (or whatever he's being accused of).

And CNN, a supposedly credible news source, let it go on that entire time.

The entire thing is a [uck fay]ing joke, and it honestly leads me to think about Trump. Uni, you've asked in this and other threads a number of times how people can fall into the trap of blindly following Trump... you've stated that you just can't understand how people become so devoted to him, or something along those lines. Well, feast your eyes, my friend. Trump is the one who started really calling attention to the media and the fake news. It's not hard at all for me to see why people follow him. People don't trust the media, and they associate the media with the left (for obvious reason). And Trump is the one who really started calling it out (this is not me saying that he's justified every time he calls it out. He's obviously not.).

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

it's a pandemic. by definition, everyone is potentially impacted. you can't not cover it because of a close connection to something affecting everyone. I see a difference but I don't know, I could be mistaken.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Chris Cuomo, specifically, does not have to be the CNN employee who covers the pandemic in NY, specifically, which is a state run by his brother, specifically.

CNN can cover the pandemic in New York without having Chris Cuomo covering his brother. It's not like they are going to stop covering this scandal because Chris works there. And yet, instead, they embraced it, having Andrew frequently appear on air with Chris.

Andrew Cuomo made decisions early in the pandemic that led to the unnecessary deaths of thousands of elderly folks in nursing homes. And then he tried to cover it up. Why is this just now becoming a big story? Conservative media sources have been talking about it for months. Why wasn't he asked about it by Chris Cuomo during all of his appearances on his brother's show? Could it be because they are [uck fay]ing brothers?

Nothing says "journalism" like a guy covering his own brother. No bias there, whatsoever. What a joke.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Fuel ran me about an extra $100 in February. Thanks Biden!

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Absolutely everything is on the climb.

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And Biden is President because he was vp for Obama.

Thanks, Obama.

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I shoulda refinanced a couple months ago. Doing it this week and cost myself quite a bit of money as rates have climbed

zehr27 likes this.