Potential Assistants

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by govols182, Jan 27, 2021.

1. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I feel like it has the potential to be the most satisfying offense for fans since late 2010 with Bray, or if not that then late 2009 when Kiffin had Crompton playing well. Even when offense was working under Butch there was the obvious fact that it should have been a lot better given the talent level.

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

The 2012 offense is still the gold standard of the last 15 years, even if it’s wasn’t especially satisfying because their success just made you more mad at the defense.

justingroves likes this.
  3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Worked for Partrino a bunch as well and Urban. Petrino is a POS but he knows how to hire good assistants.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  4. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I should have included 2012 for sure. You’re right the defense just totally ruined it, though that offense still underachieved at times.

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I almost looked forward to 3rd and 9 in 2012 because I had zero doubt Bray was going to effortlessly zip it to somebody for 15 yards.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Or CP would reverse field twelve times and go 70

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

That beatdown of NC State sure had me thinking things were going to be different

Memtownvol likes this.
  8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

9. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Looks on paper like this may be the all around best staff since Kiffin's. Definitely the best offensive staff and QB developer since Kiffin.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Elarbee is the best oline coach Tennessee has had since Sam Pittman

11. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

If we’re just talking assistants, don’t sleep on the 2011 staff, although the line coach sucked. If we’re including the man in charge, then yeah 2009

12. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Some truth to this but chaney meddling with how the center snapped the ball was idiotic.

13. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

It’s so much more interesting listening to a position coach like Rodney Garner talk specifics than a head coach speak in political generalities.

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  14. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

UT is a “destination” spot not a springboard

IP likes this.
  15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

This Ekeler guy is a trip.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tweeting out he needs a house in the river so he can go to work via boat was pretty good.

He also hates Jeremy Pruitt, so there's that

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

A lot of folks do that in Thailand. Dig canals right up to the house. We'd be way out miles and mils from the river, and then boom: canal, with everyone having a boat "drive way." Apparently been doing that for at least 1,000 years.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I like that the D staff is not kissing the ass of the players in the portal. Screw them, coach the kids not acting like [itch bay]es.

hohenfelsvol, JT5, Memtownvol and 3 others like this.
  19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I know it stems from UGA, but what's the story behind that?

20. Memtownvol

Memtownvol Member

According to a dawg poster on VN he fought JP at practice. Apparently he was not the only assistant coach to have had a physical altercation with JP either.