Potential Assistants

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by govols182, Jan 27, 2021.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Shocking.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

So redneck.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

He punched Pruitt in coach's office after a practice. He's also the one that was very vocal in talking about the rift between Pruitt and Richt.

hohenfelsvol and zehr27 like this.
  4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Is that why he ended up at N Texas?

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

He left out when Richt got canned. I'm sure in the coaching community it hurt him a little punching his direct boss, but apparently Pruitt's reputation for being a difficult to work for redneck were well known. Not sure of the ties to North Texas so can't really answer on that.

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Just seemed his arc turned a bit - but punching a coach and talking about relationships on staff might make some wary.

7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

The talking did more I'm sure. Coaches meetings have turned physical many times without anything ever coming of it. Running your mouth about things on the inside will get you blackballed fast.

8. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

I thought we liked Pruitt for making waves and standing up to mediocre Richt and not settling for less than the best? So now we like dude who punched him instead.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

After the last year or 2 of what we saw on the field, yes.

TDVol1989 and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I like that Pruitt called Richt soft.

I also like that Ekeler punched Pruitt for arguing with Ekeler in front of the team

11. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

It’s funny how things work out sometimes... when Kiffin came in, everybody loved the brash “anti-Fulmer” personality up until the day he left. It was sort of the same thing with Pruitt to begin with. I think folks liked that he wasn’t anything like Butch but it quickly went downhill from there.
    The biggest difference is that 10 years on, just about every one of us would be thrilled to have gotten Kiffin back as HC.
    Pruitt will never be welcomed back in Knoxville. Ever. Not in 10 years... not in 20. If he went somewhere and won the next 10 Super Bowls (or NC’s if he stays in CFB) he’ll never be remembered as anything other than an albatross around the UTAD’s neck. Even worse than the two coaches before him, and that’s really saying something.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

This all happened at UGA, so ya.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I still don't hate Pruitt, he's just not head coach material. He's also really dumb outside of football but he backed his guys and would fight for them.

Dooley and Butch were both sorry pieces of shit.

Kiffin was fun and would have won big here if his mouth didn't get him run off

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yeah I can’t with Pruitt being worse than Butch and Dooley.

InVolNerable likes this.
  16. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Neither Botch nor DDIAPOS brought down the NCAA on UT for cheating. Botch actually won more games than he lost here, for what that’s worth. Pruitt was an absolute disaster by any measurement. I’d put him on par with DDIAPOS and worse than Botch.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I get the Butch hate. Really do. Hes a jackass. But we broke the FL streak, beat GA btb and hit top 10 (for a short time). Whipped up on weak big 10 teams in 3 bowls. Sad to say, for 22 years, we haven't seen better results.

Savage Orange likes this.
  18. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

He took a playoff caliber team and went 8-4 and followed it up by having the worst season in program history two years later. He had the advantage of facing Florida at the weakest they'd been in 30 years. The 2014 and 2015 classes were program building classes and he wasted them.

He's judged fairly.

19. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Pruitt's mistake was trusting what he saw from Guarantano in practice.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And not letting his offensive coordinator call the plays and being a sloppy cheater and making every in state recruit camp before getting an offer