Potential Assistants

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by govols182, Jan 27, 2021.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Sounds like a real treat to work for.

2. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Pretty sure that Pruitt has the most 30 pt losses in program history. Any way you slice it, they all 3 suck.

warhammer and NorrisAlan like this.
  3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He had more than Butch and Dooley combined. Which is wild

TDVol1989 and lylsmorr like this.
  4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Dooley was a decent X and O guy who was too lazy and entitled to do well.

Butch could sell but had no clue what to do with actual talent.

Pruitt could coach but also had the personality of an asparagus.

Tar Volon likes this.
  5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Doubt asparagus puts as many people off as Pruitt

6. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

He still lost to a 4 win UF squad.

justingroves likes this.
  7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I dunno, it's an acquired taste that I still only like certain ways.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

had the disadvantage of following the other two as well. Didn't get as much to work with.

9. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

He was a disaster. He cared more about being Jeremy Pruitt than becoming HC Jeremy Pruitt.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  10. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Butch is so easy to despise but it’s kind of incredible just how bad Pruitt was at parts of the job. And not like it wasn’t foreseeable, he’s just Sand Mountain trash that literally got his start in college coaching by cheating to get guys into college. Dumbass didn’t get that literally no other program can operate the way Bama does and get away with it.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Georgia and Florida State too

12. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Pruitt is hands down the worst. He is not as good a coach as many say. He’s dumb. He’s a jerk. He rammed this program Shawshank style. You could never post any stat that convinces me that he isn’t one of the top 10 worst coaches in SEC history. I mean worse than Chad Morris. He is a catastrophic failure no matter who he signed or who he beat. He’s THAT bad. I’d rather have Butch or Stooley and I loathed them. I can honestly say in retrospect that Les Miles would have been better. I think he would have failed sure but won 3 more games and not left us with the clap and a bill on the dresser.

I could type Pruitt sucks a thousand times and it would be a more flattering description of him than reality. I have taken craps that would have done a better job.

And I am dead serious. Knows football my ass. No he doesn’t. NO HE DOESNT. He should be sued by every player that played for him at UT for criminal negligence. Lost to Ga St. Damn man! Are you kidding?

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  13. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Literally, the only good thing I can say about Pruitt is that he didn't mistreat players like Butch did. Saying that, I would be doing a disservice by not pointing out that Pruitt activily [uck fay]ed over his squad, the fan base, and the University between his laziness and his negligence towards having a team prepared from week to week. Dooley sucked. Butch was an idiot. But Pruitt, Pruitt was a [uck fay]ing loser.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  14. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Kirby is doing his best to build it but Georgia will never truly compete in that regard and Florida State certainly can’t. Though if you’re more getting at the fact that Pruitt only had experience at programs that were already rolling I’m totally with you there.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I guess the upside of being a failed coach at Tennessee, is the reactionary fans will always decide the next guy is REALLY the worst one ever, and so by default you will not be on the bottom for long. Just have to wait 3 to 5 years. Some of you guys acting like Butch Jones isn't the worst football coach we've ever had sound dumb as [uck fay] to me. Like you're high.

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

If you keep emotion out of it, again, the only time we've beaten florida in 20 years, beat ga btb, won 3 bowls and ranked top 10 at one time seem to show he's not. Most hated for various reasons, sure. For someone who always wants proof, there is proof in front of you that Dooley and Pruitt were both worse with on the field results.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  17. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Yes, Jones got two program building in state/legacy classes, and the other two didn't. He's still the worst overall coach out of the three.

Memtownvol likes this.
  18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah... about Les Miles....

warhammer and IP like this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

If only Josh Dobbs or Tyler Bray were around for Pruitt, who had to follow those two coaches.

warhammer likes this.
  20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yeah, both of those guys would have looked great on the sideline watching Guarantano be the worst QB in Tennessee history.

HCKevinSteele and Ssmiff like this.