Potential Assistants

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by govols182, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Maybe he is. Recruiting and wasting talent on the field is a different topic. Bowl wins, 9 wins, beating UF and Ga x 2 is the best we have had it in a long time, so if he sucks, the others suck worse imo.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Also, only one of these dumb mother[uck fay]ers is from Alabama. That counts for something, too.

VOLinDAWGland and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  3. Ssmiff

A coach can't win games without putting the right players on the field. Ask Pruitt.
    I'm not saying Butch was much of anything, but he won more and I was entertained more watching the team play for a couple years than Fulmer last years, Dooley and pruitt.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

they both did sit on the sideline with their respective coaches watching what many said were the worst qbs in ut history to that point. you are only supporting my point.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

had nothing to do with him.

6. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

yep. Said he would have failed but less of a failure than Pruitt.

7. Ssmiff

If a coach is responsible for losses, he's responsible for wins too. Or responsible for neither. You can't pick and choose. Of course Dobbs made it happen. I doubt bama, clemson, osu are in the final 4 last year without Mac Jones, Lawrence and Fields playing out of their minds. ND as well with a mobile qb carrying them.

8. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I feel like you are trying to compare Pruitt and Butch on actual football knowledge. I am comparing results. Their impact as hc of a football team. Pruitt had the worst product. And got caught cheating doing the dumbest stuff.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

If results were a factor of the coach alone, we wouldn't ever talk about recruiting, depth, injuries, difficulty of schedule, or have a concept of "tough rebuilds."

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

So you would take sexual harrassment accusations over paying players accusations? I would not. And either way, they are getting bounced.

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

They all suck.

Out of the three I'd rather have a beer with Pruitt. I understand dumbass redneck pretty well.

12. Ssmiff

So now we go from talking about wins, to xs and o's, to doesn't count do to qb, to allegations. Pro goalpost mover in the house. Just say you hate butch and move on. Nobody will debate your opinion.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I get it, but Butch sucks at life. His energy vampire and life champions were more embarrassing than a loss to GSU or BYU

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think I've been pretty clear that I can't stand Butch the person

InVolNerable likes this.
  15. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

There’s a reason he was 1-13 in SEC games without Dobbs.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

But only one of these dumb mother[uck fay]ers were in the band instead of playing football

17. Ssmiff

Ha. I know. That's why I'm saying if people say they despise him like no other, you won't see many arguments.
    Taking his name and personality out of it, I'm just looking at results and entertainment. My kid has cried once watching a game and it was the win at Ga. Had little to do with B but his name gets the W.
    Don't know that my son has watched a full game since the SC loss that year. And sure as hell wasn't watching JG play. Didn't want him to be mentally damaged by watching that trash

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

See, even with the W's, he lost to a 4 win Florida team, lost to USCe and Vandy with a Sugar Bowl bid on the line, the Arkansas loss and the Oklahoma shitshow

warhammer and SetVol13 like this.
  19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And a guy begging for his two back ups to get more carries and he wouldn't do it

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Exactly. Pruitt could get a job working with high level programs as a coordinator or position coach, as could, and has, Dooley. Jones spent 3 years getting coffee for Nick Saban after delivering the first 8 loss season in UT history and a winless SEC record. They all sucked, but Jones was a special kind of suckage. Dooley was the normal kind of suckage and Pruitt just leapt a little too far in his ambition. Both are now employed in the NFL. Would any NFL team hire Butch Jones? Doubtful because he is the total package of suckage. Once the likes of Dobbs, Kamara and Barnett progressed through the program, he had no crutch.