POLITICS The Biden Presidency

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Jan 20, 2021.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

If you don't want to listen to the blah, blah, blah, then start a 1:40

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Control the narrative, control the people and control the vote. Im really surprised so many people don't see the issue and don't care. I guess that's what happens when you are being controlled.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

60 Minutes bungled the story by jumping to a conclusion that was not supported. They took it in a "pay to play" direction, when there is no demonstrated connection there. The story should have been, "the black community is under-served by the vaccination roll-out, why is that?" And the answer would be, demographically they are less co-located with Publix locations, which is one of the main places to get vaccinated in Florida. Goes right into the "food desert" issues that have been talked about for more than a decade. They whiffed on it, and manufactured a simpler narrative with a individual villain. And ignored the real issue with the rollout in Florida and many places.

SetVol13, VolDad and Unimane like this.
  4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I haven’t been super plugged into the COVID-related issues in Florida specifically, but I had not heard anything about the black community being underserved by the vaccination roll out down there. I had heard rumblings about how wealthier people were getting the vaccine at a higher clip than poor people, but it was pretty easily explained by age and the fact that the wealthier folks down there tend to be older while the poorer folks tend to be younger.

I don’t really know the age break down of African Americans living in Florida. Do they have a pretty even distribution of age groups, or do they skew younger or older?

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

CVS and Walgreen are everywhere.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

People are very dumb. Guess who reports the news, dumb people. Its a circle of dumb people.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Up until recently, they were supporting a different mission is what the governor was saying. I expect access will improve as the 1A, 1B, etc groups have been taken care of and the focus turns to broader access.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Publix has like 830 something stores in Florida and they're all over the place there.

It's going to be hard to paint lack of availability as the reason for lower black percentages getting the shot.

CitrusCo.Vol likes this.
  9. Ssmiff

Not entirely. News half ass reports it, random people tweet it, those who want to believe it, do, especially if the governor is a republican, the party of white supremecy, systemic racism and voter suppression.

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Every time we travel through Florida I feel like they are everywhere. Not a big fan personally.

11. Ssmiff

Their chicken fingers are really good

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Plus private owned pharmacies, health departments, medical offices, and hospitals are giving the shot too.

Walgreens and CVS just couldn't give out the vaccine in store till LTC was fully completed due to federal contracts to give them at LTC before they could retail.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not making stuff up. That some areas have little or no access to grocery stores is well established. Not everyone has easy or timely access to cars/transportation.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I live in a food desert according to the USDA.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

And?

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

And I can have food or a vaccine in 15 mins and it's a bs term for the most part

19. Ssmiff

You think rural folk who live in Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, Kansas, s and ndakota and on and on have easier access than urban areas?

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That only effects African American people?