The Stock Market Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by golfballs03, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

i thought it would already happen, but I guess with big companies now investing instead of staying away from it, it keeps rising. No way many single investors are buying btc at 60k, but there are a lot of funds out there now doing it.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

The beauty of crypto is that you can buy fractions.

So if I jump in with 1k, I'm just getting 1/60th a coin. But someone else is getting 1k.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not saying no one has made or is making any money on it. I am saying at a certain point it isn't a lucrative investment if you aren't already in. And when that happens, the inherently unstable nature of it will cause it to fall, which will generate a positive feedback loop.

4. Ssmiff

i had no idea there are more than 10,000 coins. Was looking early this morning at some charts . There are a bunch that were pennies and now $10, for example. Many I've never heard of. No idea how to predict which one will hit. I have btc, tezos, which has been a dog until recently, haven and bought some civic for .50 a few weeks ago. Missed out on the Etherium run, though its expected to double its 2500 price by next year. It was $180 I believe last April.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don’t see Bitcoin making it due to who they’re taking a shot at.

no way the government lets them be successful even if they’re right. They’ll regulate and ban it if forced too.

I think we’re dangerously close to crashing the dollar but hopefully we can avoid that or I’m totally wrong

6. fl0at_

I always thought a nation state that put out a currency would essentially render all others useless.

But I don't think so anymore. People aren't using crypto because it has value. They are using it because it's raw, and it's inherently unable to be regulated. And, thanks to exchanges, it's now spendable.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, I think it is because it is inherently unregulated and also because it is volatile enough to make quick profits if you time things right.

8. Ssmiff

Crypto taking a hit this morning

9. fl0at_

I don't think it can be regulated. So long as it is exchangeable. And it will always be exchangeable.

But, it could just go back to what it was in the early 2000s.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

It will always be a good way to clean money, so I don't think it ever goes away.

11. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

A lot of Argentinians have been finding ways to make use of it during this period of hyperinflation.

12. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

13. fl0at_

Pfft. Screw you dogecoin.

14. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

woah

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

People are stocking up before Elon Musk hosts SNL. Look for it to slide by the end of next week.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

We should do a crossover thread with the movies thread and bring in the Comic Book crash of the mid 90s. Post-thread scene showing a guy picking up a beanie baby.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

IP - I'm working on a return from someone who lives in Alexandria and wow y'all pay a lot of taxes.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

My 20 dollar investment is really paying off

fl0at_ likes this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

yes, but we also have very nice services, parks, and schools.

20. Ssmiff

just talked to a guy who decided to share that he put 7k into dogecoin in january and cashed out 1 million today. Makes me wanna puke