What are you playing during Coronapocalypse?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indy, Mar 17, 2020.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Yeah... yeah

I was watching the comparison videos and ME1 looks soooo good. Add to that that they fixed the Mako. Looking like a good time

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It’s one of my favorite sci-fi imaginings in existence. Such a good mix of classical/familiar and new ideas

IP likes this.
  3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Was a big fan of ME1. Wish they had skipped 2 and gone straight to three. The weird story transition turned me off, even though 2's gameplay was solid.

Oddly enough, I think I got to the end of 3 and then just never completed the final mission. I remember reading about all the different outcomes you could get, got stressed that I was gonna kill half my team and doom the universe, and just decided to watch the best ending option on Youtube. lol

4. JohnnyQuickkick

What a wanker

emainvol and IP like this.
  5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

The hell? 2 was the best game in the series

IP likes this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, I often think about how that game's pacing and storytelling is like a clinic for other games to emulate.

emainvol likes this.
  7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I’m a huuuuuuge fan of RPG elements in any game. The more the better as a general rule for my tastes. Toning that down a touch for the second game also made it one of the most fun to play games I’ve ever experienced

8. JohnnyQuickkick

The first time through I wouldn’t let Garrus and Tali out of my sight on the suicide mission because I thought they might die.

dealing with/getting rid of all the stuff you looted got a bit cumbersome in ME1.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, that is my main gripe with ME1. I hate gear grind, where you constantly are slightly upgrading gear and accumulating stuff that goes from your best to literal trash in an hour. That's what I really liked about ME2 and ME3. Gun unlocks and such were meaningful.

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

All the auto rifles were trash in 1 which sucked. I ended up using pistols 80 percent of the time and shotgun/sniper the rest. God I hated getting through something and ending up with an auto

IP likes this.
  11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It’s been years, so I could be misremembering. And I’m commenting primarily on story, not gameplay. I just remember thinking you could cut 2 out of the story and the flow of it would be unaffected.

I love ME primarily for the story.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I disagree, ME2 arguably factored into the story more than ME1, in terms of characters and places.

13. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Vietnam is coming to Arma.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Maybe I’m misremembering then. Wouldn’t mind going back and playing through it again.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

The more i play RDR2 the more I appreciate it

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The group of people I play with online got fed up with Warzone, so we all started playing Apex over the weekend. It's honestly a lot of fun. I was very pleasantly surprised.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

What got you all fed up with Warzone? I fell away from COD a decade ago, but just curious.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

A mixture of it just being a poorly made, unrealistic game and the cheating that's introduced while playing cross platform with my friends who are on PC. Aimbots and Wallhacks.

About 35% of the time, when I die in Warzone, I have no idea how it happened. When I recap the fight in my head, I realize I did everything correctly. I saw my opponent first, took the first shots, had height or positioning advantages, hit all my shots, etc., and yet, I still lost. There's no clear explanation for how I lost the fight. So either the opponent is just that much better than me, or he's cheating. Either way, it speaks to the game being unrealistic and poorly made or cheating.

In Apex, every time I've died, I've been able to come up with mistakes I made or things my opponent did well that led to me losing. I've felt like I "deserved" to lose 100% of the battles I've lost.

Apex also just feels like it has a wider "meta." In Warzone, the best guns are the best guns, and that's what people use. You'll always find yourself getting killed by people using the same or very similar loadouts. With Apex, you see all sorts of different team combos because the different Legends' abilities work well with certain other Legends' abilities.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

That all makes sense to me. One of the biggest challenges seems to be keeping a wide/varied meta in a game. Also, shooters just don't work well cross-platformed. Too much difference with mouse, and it seems like cheating is always more rampant with cross platform than even PC only, for whatever reason. One of the best cross platform jobs ever must be Rocket League. Seamless.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

CoD has gotten worse with each release.