The Sunshine Pumping Josh Heupel Positives Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Hit his hand on follow through which sucks, but he also could have slid left to a wide open space to buy time or pick up 10 yards. Unaware, as usual.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Haha. Threw it into basically triple coverage with two below the wr. Threw it short and behind the guy for a pick.

How the duck did he start so many games for us?

3. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

It's too late for him now but he should have tried out baseball or something. He's a good kid, but a terrible QB.

Memtownvol, NorrisAlan and utvol0427 like this.
  4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

David Yancey mvp

CardinalVol likes this.
  5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Who is that?

VOLinDAWGland and A-Smith like this.
  6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Was trying to think of that name yesterday.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The RBs are all different. Beckwith is 6' 5", Evans and Small are short bowling balls, Wright is a sprinter that's figuring out football and Hodge is the battering ram. There is a lot to work with.

They need a few linebackers, but Banks, Willis and French are out. Those are 3 SEC body types that we didn't see.

Milton isn't going to start at qb unless there's a covid outbreak or everyone else is injured

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Dude could fly and got an engineering degree here, I do think he could have been a gadget guy if there had been some offensive creativity

Memtownvol, warhammer and IP like this.
  9. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

10. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I'm starting to get a little more optimistic about this season not being the disaster I thought it would be a couple days ago. Pitt didn't look very good in their spring game, and they have to replace two AA DE's, and from there you just need to beat Vandy and SC for 6 wins. We are fortunate that this schedule is so weak.

TDVol1989 and Memtownvol like this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

When I was a kid, I'd look at the schedule and try and see how many losses I saw. Somewhere in my adult years, it shifted to counting up how many wins I saw. I'm tired of counting up the probably wins rather than looking for any losses.

12. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I actually had the same thought a while back... for me, the transition happened after the UCLA loss when Kiffin was here. Somehow I knew that the good old days were gone and UT football was entering a dark period. I had no idea just HOW dark it would end up being though... hopefully (Heupfully??) we are seeing a genuine light at the end of the tunnel and it’s not an oncoming train’s headlight.

13. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I know we have that twinkling of hope with every new coach and I’m trying not to overlook the realistic recruiting concerns. But at the same time it’s nice to at least have the possibility of excitement on the table.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

that sweet sweet Amish ankle

15. Ssmiff

UCF with more draft picks this year than UT has had in the past 3 years combined. We tie vandy with 4 in last 3 years. Ky with 13. Ms st 10. Embarrassing numbers, and answers a question as to why we can't compete

16. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Does it really? Quite a few Vols have made it as UDFA lately.

IP likes this.
  17. Ssmiff

Yes, A reason. Are they playing? If they were NFL calibur, teams would notice. Bama 29, GA 23, FL 19, aggies 13, KY 13...UT 4.
    We have had poor development and playing against NFL ready players week in and out. Talk about going to a gun fight with a knife

18. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

19. KyleAlexanderfan

Mistakes were made. What a clown.

20. KyleAlexanderfan