POLITICS My Facebook Feed

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by TennTradition, Jan 3, 2019.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

also the question is why employers have this ability to wage control for low income jobs but not middle class and high income jobs and id argue the oversupply of low income workers because of illegal immigration is the reason.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not sure illegal immigration moves the needle in most low income fields. Look at what is happening now with the pandemic low income labor market. That isn't illegal immigration. That is compensation just not being worth the cost and risk of not being at home. What childcare is affordable at minimum wage or near minimum wage prices? None! Hell, you'd be better off watching some other people's kids too rather than going to work for $7.25 anywhere in the country. I think the restaurant industry is going through a rude awakening. People won't do those jobs for poverty wages in this environment. Whatever momentum made it seem acceptable to do so before is now gone when they were furloughed or fired for weeks/months, or made more off unemployment than the job-- and I don't blame unemployment, I play a job/business model where a person can't make a normal living working full time doing it. We call this temporary or entry level jobs, but I am not seeing them being filled by teenagers. There is a 70 year old working at the fish room of the national pet store chain near me that is a nice guy who clearly doesn't want to be working (who knows what happened, something not good I think) and is probably being paid between 9 and 12 dollars to process, care for, and sell hundreds of live ornamental fish every week. It's some kind of dystopia for him to be working for less than poverty wages at his age, and while I am sure he likes fish that is not easy or unskilled work. Not rocket science, but at least equal in skill to, say, bartending.

SetVol13 and droski like this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Relevant incident: IHOP manager hires a woman, she works for 2 weeks, now IHOP manager wants to not pay her because she is apparently not documented. That's exploitative. She shouldn't have hired her without doing her due diligence, then she wouldn't be in this untenable situation. Further, as the other employees walk out over this two have an exchange discussing how many illegal practices the company has done to them, unrelated to immigration status.

We let industries get away with not following existing law. A woman working for them for two weeks without pay is itself potentially a felony, as opposed to the misdemeanor of unlawfully entering the US without the approval of an immigration officer.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

6. Ssmiff

I believe kaep may have been better off protesting in a way which his employer would approve.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

No doubt. As Zach Wilson would be better off more carefully navigating the nuances of being a public figure.

8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

If Kaepernick was good his protesting style wouldn't have mattered. Teebow is a more talented and more accomplished QB. We don't lament his exit from the game because we can all be honest and say he wasn't very good. For some reason we pretend Kaepernick was an 8 time pro bowler before taking a knee.

9. Ssmiff

He liked tweets. Gimme a break.

10. Ssmiff

Though he didn't choose the look at me protest while he was playing well.
    None of us can blatantly defy company policy and bring unwanted drama to the office without losing our jobs. Nobody.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Cool, what Super Bowl did Tebow play in? Oh, he didn't. Well, his playoff record is better then, right? Oh no it isn't. Well he threw for more yards? No? More touchdowns? Okay, he ran for more touchdowns? No?

On what [uck fay]ing planet are you living on? In what way is Tim Tebow more accomplished than Kaepernick, objectively? There isn't even a single season where Tebow performed as good as the worst season as a multiple game starter for Kaepernick. You did not arrive at this claim via football performance, for sure.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

His last season was his third highest of his 7 year career. 18 TD's and 4 Ints through 12 starts. He was middle of the pack in the league despite being on the worst team. Revisionist history.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

He disliked murder. Give me a break.

14. Ssmiff

Coulda found a better way to get his message across. Of course you don't have a problem with a conservative being attacked for liking tweets or supporting a republican. No shock there. Only deflection.

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Which one is being black balled from the league?

Oh no, Wilson has been criticized by some people for his views. Big [uck fay]ing deal. You put your views out there and someone is going to say something. And, who is attacking Wilson, some random Twitter page? It seems only conservatives whine when someone dares to criticize them, but it's "shut and play" for others.

I'm being a little hyperbolic since it's surely not all conservatives, but I also know it's not "woke liberals" who are boycotting the NFL, either.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’m not gonna agree with the Tebow example but if anybody thought Kaepernick was worth the perceived trouble he’d be playing somewhere

Indy likes this.
  17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

What in the absolute [uck fay] are you talking about?

18. Ssmiff

Yes I think intolerance is a big deal. Are democrat players being attacked for voting for Clinton or biden? If so, it's wrong as well, and I won't write a 4 paragraph summary rationalizing it.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't agree with attacking people for their views, I thought we were agreeing. or do you agree with attacking/cancelling Kaepernick but not agree with attacking this dude?

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

not football.