POLITICS The Biden Presidency

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

i really don't care if she went or not. There is plenty of information she can get without going. I can see why some expect her to show face, but i don't care about that.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

In an unrelated note; I like Biden Press Secretary Jen Psaki and her briefings. Very refreshing and informative after what we had over the past 4 years.

SetVol13 likes this.
  3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Did someone ask for fake outrage at the border?:

upload_2021-6-10_18-15-54.png

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

She's the VP of the US and has been specifically put in charge of the border crisis by POTUS. She should visit the damn border.

I don't think people were upset about politicians visiting the border when Trump was POTUS. It was more the fake outrage that bothered people. Though, I will say, if a Representative from New York can make time to visit the border, then surely the VP who specifically has been put in charge of the border can too.

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Why? What gain is made by visiting the border? Is it just some political Mecca?

7. fl0at_

What is the cost of the VP to visit the border, $350,000 ?

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

What was the gain made by AOC visiting?

People have already listed in this thread why Harris should visit the border. She's already said herself that she will visit "at some point," which shows that she thinks there's a reason to visit.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

If I were her, I'd swing by and visit post-haste, pose for pictures, and then ask what the next outrage shall be.

10. fl0at_

AOC isn't VP of the US. Why do you persist in comparing the incomparable?

Does AOC have a secret service detail that has to prep her arrival that is paid for by the American taxpayer? No. There is one definable, recognizable difference. What AOC does with her own money is really her [uck fay]ing choice. What you idiots persist in saying the VP should do with our money is the issue at hand.

People have listed bad reasons. There is nothing gained from her visiting the border. Certainly nothing gained that is in excess of the expense. And if the gain is less than the expense, that's a loss. She has said she'll visit, probably because all you morons keep asking when she will.

What you should be saying is STAY HOME. DON'T WASTE THE MONEY. But you can't avoid being an idiot. And you can't avoid comparing her to AOC.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Lol

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I thought the knock on her was laughing, must be contagious

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Oh man you are on a roll. This is great.

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

What gain was made by visiting Mexico and Guatemala?!? How much did that trip cost?

15. fl0at_

State visits are diplomatic in nature. The last time the executive visited Guatemala was 2007, with W actually attending. Since then, I do not believe Biden (under Obama), or Obama, nor Pence (under Trump) or Trump visited Guatemala.

Obama visited Mexico a few times. I do not believe Pence or Trump visited Mexico.

This is where you guys just can't not be idiots. But I'll play along, because I'm a sucker.

I will fully agree that there is gain to be had from visiting something for the first time in 14 years (Guatemala) and ... 5? years (Mexico) if you idiots agree to stop going to the border every 25 minutes. Or, and this is something I'm willing to agree on as well... if you guys stop going the border for ... 14 years, or 5 years, I'll agree with the necessity of a trip.

16. fl0at_

Additionally, if someone thinks going to Guatemala or Mexico every year I agree to say that's dumb. But every 5 years or 17 years, sure.

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Going to Guatemala and Mexico to deal with government officials actually deals with policy, also. Going to the border is merely a photo op. I would find it more valuable if it was buttressed by going to locales of where the journey begins and/or where it ends for most of these people. The border is the line they must cross in a larger journey.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Securing Mexico's southern border is part of securing our southern border.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Elected official is incomparable to elected official? Come on, man!

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It's not just a photo op, as has been stated here. In fact, the photo op is probably the main reason she hasn't been yet in the first place.

The President of Guatemala made it pretty clear what he felt was the problem, from an immigration policy perspective.