22 Class

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by CardinalVol, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Sounds like we've made up major ground with 5 star DT Walter Nolen and he might be transferring to East TN for his senior year of high school. I think this staff has quietly made some big strides with other players this spring and summer, too.

PilotFlyingJ, Memtownvol and lylsmorr like this.
  2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Rodney Garner

3. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

That’s crazy. Figured we had 0 shot.

4. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

He's the most important player in this class, and no matter whether or not we end up with him, he needs to be the guy they recruit the hardest. If he committed, that would be a massive step in getting the bleeding to stop in regards to the optics of this program. Would IMO be bigger than Hurd committing back in 2013, which was really the ignition of those two big time classes of 14 and 15. Nolen could be that kind of spark.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would be shocked if Tennessee lands him. Pruitt put a lot of eggs in the 2022 in state class and they didn't like how it ended

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

How it ended as in Pruitt being a dumbass and openly paying players?

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Not just firing him outright, hiring Steele for a few weeks, letting Tee think he had a shot at the HC spot and then firing damn near everyone after 6 weeks of horseshit.

You fire Pruitt with or without cause in December, Fulmer "resigns" in December and White and Heupel come on board sooner with much less mess, parents, guardians and recruits don't see a flaming pile of shit in a bag.

Tennessee chose to go "flaming pile of shit in a bag" and is paying for it

A-Smith, ptclaus98 and Volsdude like this.
  8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Heupel has recovered fairly well, though

ptclaus98 likes this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's possible he is actually better suited for P5 than being at a over-performing mid major. Just getting a vibe.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Meh. Heupel's got a lot of competent coaches on staff.

11. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

They should have been bothered by the rancid product Byron de la Cornbread fielded.

zehr27 likes this.
  12. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

That's a critical requirement of a HC.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

They're getting guys with decent offer lists. Not competing with the elites but I had little hope of that with the recent string of bad seasons and NCAA investigation

15. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

He’s fast.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

They are getting the guys that fit their system.

justingroves likes this.
  17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

God knows every team on all these offer lists had a better offense than we did

Memtownvol likes this.
  18. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

They won't when Heupel gets this offense going.

Memtownvol likes this.
  19. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I'm fighting it like hell but you guys are getting me excited about CH with all this talk of offense. I'd like to watch a Tennessee team on Saturdays score some damn points for a change. Still though, I'm just going to sit back, keep my mouth shut, and see how this thing drives.

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

The number of players throwing the old staff under the bus isn't the norm. To me, it shows they are really enjoying themselves so far, as they should be in college. Get some ws this fall and peer recruiting should kick in even more. JH reps himself well, and being a great college qb helps