Track and Field

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Unimane, Jul 28, 2019.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why did the Biden administration shit-can staff members over being honest about past marijuana use just a few months ago? I'm starting to get mad at the hypocrisy on display. [uck fay]ing fix this broken, shit and quit being hypocrites.

The Dooz and NorrisAlan like this.
  2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

i don't get the cap deal. I guess people could see that as racism, or, if it being led by an asian country, could be hair fullness jealousy, or HFJ. How many non whites are on the American swim and diving team? I know some Israelis with full heads of black hair. Is this antisemitism as well? Anti Italian and Spanish too? I've seen all types of hair plop out of those caps. Seems like a cap made differently may be the issue, though I don't know why it would matter, as you would think a larger cap would slice through the water slower, unless it has some type of aerodynamic cone quality that could be seen as an advantage. Just thinking aloud. I haven't seen the caps.

3. Ssmiff

I didn't know about that and its ridiculous. People pop pills, drink, etc, but still have the old reefer madness mindset about a plant. My suggestion is more politicians should take a toke or gummy, then they would realize how ridiculous their words and actions often look.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

regular caps slide off the tight curls hair-type of many people of African descent. It isn't the color, it is the texture/curl. Just trying to clarify the nature of the issue. I agree, seems like a larger cap would be a disadvantage.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

My thing is if you want people to honestly disclose their past, don't drop the hammer on them for something that happened years ago or people won't disclose it. I guess silly me, most people would know to just lie.

6. Ssmiff

its DC. Only liars are welcome..

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Well, the big showdown at the Prefontaine Classic today was supposed to be the race we didn't get in Tokyo with the Jamaicans and the previously suspended Sha'Carri Richardson. Well, the Jamaican Thompson smoked everyone with a 10.54 (Which is really should be the WR since FloJo's was surely wind aided.) and Richardson was a dud. Her post race interview further leads me to think she's just not the type of person to keep it together on this level. She's just....I don't know...an idiot, I guess. A fool. It's too bad, because she's got a load of talent.

Now, Athing Mu to run. Total opposite in mentality.

8. Unimane

Mu is awesome. I hope she takes down the dirty 800 record set in the Commie bloc cheaters era soon.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

10. Unimane

Kerley is doing something I can’t remember anyone doing. He transitioned from an elite 400 runner to an elite 100 sprinter, they only dude with a top ten all time time in both events. Non track people probably don’t understand how unbelievable his accomplishment is. They are two very different races. It’s not unheard of to do both, but not at level Kerley is doing it.

InVolNerable likes this.
  11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Why did he switch?

12. Unimane

I think he said he wanted to work on his speed and return back to the 400 later. It's really remarkable.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It seems to be going relatively well lol

14. Unimane

He was always a solidly respected 400 guy, but not on that upper LeShawn Merrit, Wade Van Niekirk level. I hope he starts getting the appreciation he deserves soon. A world title would go a long way.

15. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Just insane.

16. Unimane

Sydney McLaughlin lowers the World Record in the 400m hurdles for the third straight time in a finals. In an era of great American track athletes, she might be the most impressive and dominant. So much so she is looking to win the Worlds and then go after the open 400m record, which would be wonderful. That dirty record from the 80s East German chick needs to go down.

VolDad likes this.
  17. Unimane

Erriyon Knighton is going to break Bolt's 200m record someday. Noah Lyles getting his ire in the post-race interview will be interesting because Lyles has a short time before the teenager take over, in my opinion.

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I am a fan, even if she is a Wildcat....

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

20. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

VolDad, The Dooz and Unimane like this.