The Ice Hockey Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Joseph Brant, Feb 16, 2014.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, professional hockey seems to have one of the most competitive post seasons top to bottom.

2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Definitely. There are plenty of “underdogs” who go on runs. LA several years ago was an 8 when they won, albeit not the “worst” team.

Pulling for Montreal and Weber, even if it means IP is the only guy on this board that gets to be truly happy this year

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Hockey has such a high random shit happening factor too. I can tell you from watching my guys go all the way, winning the cup is a miracle. Only reason anybody wins it is because somebody has to. You can weight your dice for sure but at the end of the day it’s a roll of the dice.

10SEvols likes this.
  4. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

Going from down 3-1 in the first round to the Stanley Cup Finals is a pretty impressive feat.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

down 3-1 again in the finals. what a ride.

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

8. InVolNerable

Some guy who’s had four, probably.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

I hate to see it but it’s probably time

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

11. Johnny Utah

12. InVolNerable

Love Pekka. I remember him being the “next big thing” behind Vokoun, and he lived up to the billing. Wish he’d have had better support in the playoffs from the O, or just in general from shitty Nashville offenses, but it is what it is.

On a side note, kinda surprised to see the Jarnkork selection from Kraken. Figured it would have been Duchene or Johansen

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I wouldn’t have taken those contracts if I were them either, tbh.

But judging by the selections, they wanted a bunch of strong two way players on cheapish deals. Jarnkrok certainly fits that mold

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

God, now that I’ve had time to compute and learned that Seattle made zero trades, that is an absolutely awful expansion draft.

15. Johnny Utah

What is Carolina doing? Alex Nedeljkovic for a third round pick and Bernier? Kudos to Yzerman.

16. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Yeah, seems bad. I get not taking on several of the big contracts, but feels like you can afford to take a chance on one or two? Or try to amass a lot of draft/prospect capital and use your cap space for salary dumps. Or get some kind of assets in return for handshake agreements, etc.

I wonder if their finances are dented from the lockdown? But every other team was missing gates.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

So, Evander Kane

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

He seems smart.

19. InVolNerable

Evander Rose

20. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

This Eichel thing is insane. Buffalo can't help but be half blooper reel, have absurdist shit show.