Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

what do you guys think of the new OT rules? Teams must go for 2 in 2nd OT, and in 3rd OT and on it is just 2 pt conversion attempts, no multiple downs.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I like it, myself. Gotta end the 10 over time games.

3. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Big back the tie, if you want to win, win it in regulation. In the playoffs, first team to score wins, none of this starting at the 20 or each team gets the ball bullshit, if you're scared of losing in OT, take care of business in regulation. Don't @ me.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

@lumberjack4 no, you are wrong. first to score is terrible. Absolutely terrible. May as well just make it the coin flip.

tvolsfan and chavisut like this.
  5. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

You had 4 previous quarters to score more points.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

and so did the other team that gets the ball due to a coin flip

tvolsfan, HCKevinSteele and chavisut like this.
  7. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

If you don't want to leave it to chance win it in regulation. You still have an opportunity to win it in OT if you lose the toss, play defense. You're forgetting the part where they still have to play the game.

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Lumberjacks an idiot

9. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I don't understand why outside of playoff games we feel this need to eliminate ties. Bring them back. If we have to do OT for instances where a winner must advance give each the the ball at the 1 yard line and make them go 99 yards. Make the prospect of OT so miserable that people will actually play to win in regulation instead of having the OT safety valve that leads to conservative play calling and a generally awful product in the last few minutes.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’ve never really understood why both college football and the NFL have made it so difficult. Flip the coin, kick the ball off. When somebody scores the other team gets a possession to match it or better it.

I’m also ok with ties tbh

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I always want more football. Bring me all the OTs. Ties suck.

utvol0427 likes this.
  12. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Well it might not end them, but I get what you're saying

13. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

It’s should be pretty simple. Each team gets one possession in overtime. If after each team has had one possession the game is still tied, then it’s sudden death.

14. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

15. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Texas and OU reached out to the SEC in regards to joining, according to the Houston Chronicle. That would definitely be curtains on us getting back to the top any time in the next two decades.

16. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

https://www.thescore.com/ncaaf/news/2188135

Texas is worthless; I wouldn’t mind Oklahoma

justingroves likes this.
  17. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I imagine Texas will lose interest once they realize they can't big [penis] the conference around.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And they couldn't keep their Texas TV monopoly.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

They won't be for long. Sark is a hell of a coach. If he stays somewhat sober they will become the next Alabama.

20. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I like Sark, but if he couldn’t handle USC boosters without turning to the bottle, do we really think he can handle Texas’s?