Keith “HatVol” Hatfield Passing

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Sep 5, 2021.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

What is the rush. Stick around.

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I must admit as a Peyton fanboy his takes definitely got me riled up when I first joined TOOS.

3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Him constantly reminding VolNation that Pearl was a sleazebag because he secretly recorded and manipulated a recruit into admitting improper benefits-and in turn giving the said recording to the NCAA was a tough pill for many of us to swallow. He had a talent for knocking those off pedestals he felt was undeserved.

ptclaus98 and bigjintx like this.
  4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pearl also brought a student trainer girlfriend with him from Wisconsin Milwaukee and left his ugly, trashy wife for a trashy decent looking lady. He's a really shitty human being

bigjintx, Lexvol and Joseph Brant like this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And the NCAA didn't even use Pearl's recordings once they got them because he cut out parts of the conversation.

6. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yea being an adult and tricking a teenager that thought they could trust you into admitting violations on a secret recording (as if Pearl and any staff he was ever on never cheated in recruiting), and then manipulating said recording to fit his narrative was scummy as hell.

His ex-wife using her divorce money to open a nail saloon called "Alimony" was poetic in a trashy way. Stephen Pearl went to UT when I was there. By many accounts he was a jerk too.

He's a much better college basketball coach than human being, that's for sure.

bigjintx and justingroves like this.
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Stephen is a gigantic [uck fay]ing douche too. I personally can't stand Bruce and found it extremely funny he got fired over something as simple as a secondary violation he didn't have the balls to admit to

bigjintx likes this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

his daughter was cool.

9. MWR

MWR Contributor

Here's a group picture from a tailgate. Maybe 2013. Hat is on one end and I'm on the other. It's anyone's guess who that bunch of vagabonds in the middle are. group photo.jpg

10. MWR

MWR Contributor

And here's the original picture of Jay, Hat and OldVol. And it's to scale. I stretched Hat in the first picture just so the three of them could see eye to eye. jay hat oldvol.jpg

11. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

Very sad I missed this one!

MWR likes this.
  12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Didn't realize your avatar was a selfie. My balding noggin is envious of that flowing hair

MWR likes this.
  13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Got to have that kind of fluff to stay warm in stinking creek

MWR and lylsmorr like this.
  14. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

As others have mentioned, some will recall him as the elephant on the board quick to lay it down. There was another side to him though which truly was compassionate and kind hearted. He had a soft spot for those underprivileged or dealt a difficult hand at life and would go to great lengths to assist in any way he could. He was a passionate person who was always willing to help and he will certainly be missed.

15. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Some white whale sightings in here. Good to see/hear from you all.

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Someone can correct me if I am wrong:

Hat, Macon, Jay, Me, OldVol, _??_, MWR and kneeling PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ and MWR like this.
  17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Between Hat and Jay is Volguy1971

MWR likes this.
  18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Good to see you around more, too

NorrisAlan likes this.
  19. wounded mullet

wounded mullet New Member

Hey fellows, hope everyone is well. I’d like to say a few words about the passing of our buddy hatvol. Absolutely lost a board icon the other day.

Back in 2008 I was living a much different life in the state of Florida as I witnessed the downfall of a long standing coach who had lost his way. I’m sitting at a bar thirsty for some Kiffin updates when I decided to search for a Vols message board on a old lg slide phone. Of course I landed on the site known as Volnation. As fate would have it I would eventually run into the man known as hatvol. In a sea of bad takes and derp opinions here came this dude to the ring delivering furious stunners to anyone who crossed his path. I didn’t agree with all of his takes, hell I never got the Kevin O’Neil love but I always respected him and he in turn made me want to up my posting abilities. I stand here as a message board veteran now with going through the trials and tribulations of being a Vols fan, but it all started back 13 years ago seeing one of the best to ever do it while rolling people up left and right. RIP and hope your soul is at peace now.

20. MWR

MWR Contributor

I hadn't noticed, but I may have more hair than all the rest of the group combined.