Keith “HatVol” Hatfield Passing

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Sep 5, 2021.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

We also didn’t fire him fwiw

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well no, but he was made most unwelcome.

3. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Thanks boo, luv u 2!

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Jon Ward: "I thought I saw some zone in the second half."

O'Neill: "Are you drunk?"

Ward: "No, are you?"

Paraphrase of an actual exchange on a post game show.

warhammer and IP like this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's true, but he built quite a bit that other people got to enjoy because well, his attitude got him ran before he could

6. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I believe I am kneeling

7. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Didnt he also tell a caller to [uck fay] off under his breath on a coaches show

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know, but he had a colorful vocabulary which people saw as major problem in that time. Some people do not appreciate the full richness of American English.

justingroves likes this.
  9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Alright insulting John Ward is crossing a line

10. JohnnyQuickkick

It also didn’t help that there were about 14 people in the building so you could hear everything

justingroves likes this.
  11. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I think I remember Hat telling the story of a caller questioning how much effort KO was putting into deciding on his game day attire compared to the effort he was applying towards preparing for Kentucky.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

People get fired up over what the coach wears on game day and it drives me nuts

13. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Its overblown a lot but I do hate it when a coach on any level looks like an unkept slouch.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

It’s dumb shit like “is it too much to ask that he wear an arnge tie?” that gets me

PilotFlyingJ and justingroves like this.
  15. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Oh I completely agree.

16. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

Lol…I think Ward was always sober…Denton on the other hand….

CardinalVol and justingroves like this.
  17. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Well I’m late in seeing this thread. Just as all on this site I am deeply saddened by the news. When I first started VolNation many many years ago what attracted me was a couple of posters that knew what they were talking about.

Hatvol was one those posters but what made him different/special was how he communicated. I told him on many occasions that I loved his gift of the gab. He was fun to follow and read unless you were on the other side of receiving a barrage of well crafted words that didn’t care how they made you feel. He was not shy and communicated with words well above most of us excluding Tenny D. Only difference there is Hat would keep his word count down to one liners.

When I came over here to the 8th he was a major reason. So sorry to hear the sad news. My day was kind crappy to begin with and now this Monday is totally shot.

RIP Hatvol

NYY, SetVol13, HCKevinSteele and 7 others like this.
  18. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

what the [uck fay].

man.

man........

The half-court trap was always a good read. I know I'm late and I hate to dig on a wound, just seeing this though, RIP.