Soccer Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tvolsfan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

If they want to risk a pay cut and let the men have nearly guaranteed money, okay. This proposition is really them trying to again manipulate the story. Call their bluff and agree to it, men.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

How long before they start asking for half of the mens' club salaries as well?

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

the spokesperson for the women's team that said something along the lines of "final US soccer admits..." totally made me 180. nope. no deal. I'd have been inclined to put it all in the same pot but not if they continue to misrepresent the situation.

tvolsfan likes this.
  4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Burnley are the frickin worst to play against. They kicked the piss out of Everton players, Tarkowski slid through Richarlison with no card somehow. Everton pulled 10 minutes together to kick their ass, thankfully.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Lazio at one point had out-fouled Milan 11-2 yesterday with more possession

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Sheesh.

7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

upload_2021-9-14_13-30-0.png

Young Boys and Man United…

If this isn’t referred to as the NAMBLA cup, it should be.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

Young Boys turning the tables on them this time

9. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

That back pass leading to the final goal is USMNT level stupidity.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

How bout that. Pefok with the winner

11. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

The young boys finished off man, united.

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I can’t see Aaronson being at Salzburg past this year. He’s pretty damn good

tvolsfan likes this.
  14. JohnnyQuickkick

Haven’t heard that. Milan just got a young Italian striker, Pietro Pellegri. Bologna would be a good spot. They score and get scored on. Udinese is a bus parker. Udine would be a nice spot to spend a while though

15. JohnnyQuickkick

Welp. At Liverpool isn’t exactly where I’d have picked to start the first champions league campaign in too long, but let’s jump on in the fire.

16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Apparently the USSF identical offer between the USMNT is USWNT is a PR stunt according to the USWNT. Which makes sense for them to say so since they turned down that identical offer during the last CBA.
    https://www.espn.com/soccer/united-...occers-identical-deals-proposal-is-a-pr-stunt

I found this quote to be lacking complete self awareness on their part (emphasis mine). Clearly their tact is to scream gender discrimination as loud as they can and hope and pray people take it on face without doing 30 seconds of reading about the whole ordeal to realize they're full of shit.

lylsmorr likes this.
  17. JohnnyQuickkick

we got dominated for 40 minutes and lead 2-1 at halftime. Soccer.

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I fail to see how splitting WC pots is equal when the payouts for each WC differs. Men's WC pulls in more viewers, has more sponsorship, etc. Men's side also doesn't pay MLS salaries.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

It would be a hedge for men, since they sometimes miss and have variable payout whereas the women have maybe 2 or 3 competitive teams and will likely always place. So guaranteed bonus for men, vs higher payouts for the women overall as the men will often qualify.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Total prize money is still wildly different. In 2018 I think it was something like 30mil overall for the women and 400 mil for the men. And it's really not a guaranteed bonus because the last USWNT winners got a whopping 4 mil