COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

They absolutely are. I've lived in near complete isolation since March 2020 because of unvaccinated folks (it's like 38% vaccination rate where I live).

2. JayVols

The wife deals with COVID newborns daily. On the verge of rationing care. When that tipping point is reached, the example given to them was that if a 30 year old & a 27 week preemie needed a vent, the 30 year old would get it because of a higher probability of survival. That's the reality.

3. JayVols

I'm at the point where I'm perfectly fine with said weeding. I'm not a bit sorry for feeling that way. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Let me be clear. I don't want anyone to die from this, but folks are refusing to grab the life ring thrown to them while drowning. How do you deal with that? Some people don't want to be saved apparently, or when they realize they do, it's too late. The number of hospital bed conversions is astounding.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Feel free to share. You see and read stories (as in, more than one) every day. I don’t have a single example, seen or read. Granted, I’m not looking for them, but if you’re seeing and reading them that frequently, you’d think I’d have seen/read one.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I wouldn't think that. You don't see or know all kinds of things.

The Dooz and JayVols like this.
  6. JayVols

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/09/12/alabama-ray-demonia-hospitals-icu/

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-us-hospital-icu-bed-shortage-veteran-dies-treatable-illness/

https://abcnews.go.com/US/oregon-covid-19-patient-unable-icu-bed-dies/story?id=79565124

Took 15 seconds

7. JayVols

I've never seen an electron, but I'm not sticking a fork in an electrical outlet.

SetVol13 and NorrisAlan like this.
  8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Okay? I’m not sure what you think this proves. I’m not denying that people have died in this way. I’m questioning the frequency with which it has happened. That’s why my initial question was “How many?”

Obviously, every person who dies in this way is a big deal. But you need numbers to build the case that it’s a widespread problem. And I’m not even saying that it’s not. I’m asking you to show me.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Why have you done that?

10. JayVols

You have the same access to information as everyone else.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’m not the one making the claim.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Show me the direct link for any of those things. They all include people making choices. Who chose to close the restaurant?

13. JayVols

I said earlier that I have 8% of the median lymphocyte count of a normal person. Even with 3 doses of vaccine, there's a very good chance I would be in the minute number of vaccinated folks who would have a negative outcome from an infection.

It's hard to believe, but there are folks who actually care about & depend upon me. Plus, I don't want to die just yet.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

What a piece of shit.

15. JayVols

Heaven forbid one does a Google search.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Why do you have 8% of the median lymphocyte count of a normal person? You’ve been away for a while, and your personal health was never any of my business to begin with, so you’ll have to forgive me for not remembering.

17. JayVols

I'm immunocompromised due to Multiple Sclerosis. Had it since 2004. I take immunosuppressants to keep my lymphocytes from eating the myelin sheath of the nerves in my brain & spinal cord (what MS does).

I'm similar to transplant patients preventing rejection.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don’t care enough to think of how to correctly search for “how many people have unnecessarily died from lack of hospital bed availability due to unvaccinated people overcrowding hospitals.”

Again, I’m not claiming it’s not happening. I just haven’t seen any statistical evidence at all that suggests it’s some sort of widespread issue.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I thought I remembered that, but didn’t want to assume. I’m sorry that you’re having to deal with that during this time.

Haven’t places that are very highly vaccinated seen a spike in cases due to delta? Does everyone in the US getting vaccinated for sure change your situation? It seems like you’re in the same boat until the virus disappears or at least mutates to the point of being quite a bit less lethal.

20. JayVols

It literally took me 15 seconds. I didn't make the claim either.