POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Who’s shitting on her? I’m just trying to better understand her situation.

So it’s just the questions, specifically, now? This feels like a bit of a moving goal post. Just so we are clear, this is what you said about her a couple months back:

And then @JudgmentVol followed it up with:

The Met Gala seems like a very public setting, and dressing up like that for that sort of event doesn’t seem like something a “painfully shy” person does.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

You're trying to understand her situation or are you making snide comments to mock her claims?

She's pretty clear on social anxiety in situations like answering questions and being put on the spot. When she was at the US Open, she was on the court in front of thousands where they, yes, interview her for a television audience of millions. At the Met gala, she wears a sparkly dress and gets her picture taken as she walks into a building. It's not a difficult scenario to differentiate.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The mental gymnastics required to truly believe this is unbelievable to me.

warhammer likes this.
  4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

So that means she’s no longer allowed to dress up and go out where some people will take her picture as she walks up some stairs?

Sometimes I wonder if you think you’re being smart by being an intentional contrarian or if you’re just a [uck fay]ing idiot.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

people can be complex, what others believe about them often isn't. I don't have to understand personal contradictions for them to be real.

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don't agree with AOC or her polices, but the woman can market like crazy

warhammer likes this.
  7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It isn't a complicated thing going on here. Take 10 seconds to wrap your head around it because this is a pretty easy one to figure.

What is the con you think she's running, otherwise?

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

isn't she a teenager?

and isn't this like a costume party thing?

The conversation around AOC I get, but this tennis player is just growing into herself.

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

It’s almost like mental illnesses, including anxiety, are extremely nuanced and can affect everyone differently. And it can even be different for each individual at different times.

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

A lot of research shows that having access to smart phones is really causing a lot of mental disorders in women, especially young girls.

Doesn't seem to be having the same effect on men and boys.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

She’s 23, though can still be growing into herself.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

ok, she is older than I thought but still young.

I remember the Marshawn Lynch stuff. he does commercials and events, but didn't want to answer questions after games. very similar, if not more stark.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Y’all act like I’m attacking her. I’m pushing back on some of the excuses people on here made for her a while back. I remembered people talking about how shy she was and how she didn’t like the spotlight, so I was obviously surprised to see her plugging herself directly into the spotlight of this very public setting.

And the idea that it’s “just some costume party” and she just “takes some photos and walks in a building” is absurd. How many total articles do we think have been written about these people and their outfits? Thousands? Tweets about them? Millions? It’s the spotlight, and she knowingly chose to step right into it. That’s inconsistent with the way people have described her previously.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The late-great Neil Peart (drummer for Rush) was like this. Would get out on stage in front of thousands of screaming fans, have play, wave, and then go to his room. Wouldn't do promotional stuff or meet-and-greets with the fans. He just couldn't do it.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’m leaning the latter.

16. NorrisAlan

There are different kinds of spot lights. I have no idea who this person is or what her politics, but there are different spot lights, and some people just cannot handle one type over the other.

Take Neil Peart. On stage, yes, he is in front of thousands of people, but it is still fairly anonymous interaction. But one-on-one, he just couldn't and wouldn't do it.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

all she did was show up, right? with a designer look? she didn't write anything or answer questions about her performance

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Did that manifest for him after a specific performance, in particular, where he didn't play his drums as well as usual?

19. NorrisAlan

No, he was always that way, as far as I know.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst