Are you not entertained

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I haven't watched any replays since last night, but I don't blame them on the spot for that since it seemed liked there was no concrete evidence showing the exact placement of the ball when his knee hit.

The overturned scoop and score for 6 was robbery, though. Not sure how you retroactively deem a play dead if there is no whistle.

2. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

No way you can blame beer sales. Hard to get drunk when you have to wait in line for 30 minutes to get a beer.

InVolNerable likes this.
  3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Great atmosphere. Didnt play or coach our best. Early dropped punt a JG level momentum killer.
    Hey coaches, Corral is gonna run on 3rd down.
    Refs awful. We missed Evans and Mays brothers. Still had the ball 3 times with a chance to take the lead and win the game. Playcalling and/or Hooker reads were off.
    End of the game was embarrassing. It's ashame when a couple hundred make 100k look bad.
    Kiffin is still a [itch bay]

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I scared my dog when they had to get together and ruminate over that obvious intentional grounding safety. IT’S A [uck fay]ING SAFETY WHAT IS THERE TO TALK ABOUT

5. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

It's easy to point the blame there because it simplifies everything.

Last night was a culmination of a decades worth of frustration being unleashed in just a real crappy way.

OneForVol likes this.
  6. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

He must have brought some of that Chris Weber Michigan mo-jo with him.

7. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

They could sacrifice the camera they use to film one of their countless jabbering yahoo sideline reporters.

Memtownvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  8. JohnnyQuickkick

Is it time to maybe add a guy or 2 to officiating crews? At least maybe the ball spotter won’t be 40 yards behind the play?

9. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

SEC doesn’t make enough money. Can’t afford it.

Memtownvol likes this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Let's be real: technology could greatly aid in accurately placing the forward progress of a ball.

11. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Chips in the ball would solve so many issues. Can time sync the telemetry to the visual feed.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That is commie soccer talk. Get that the [uck fay] out of here.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  13. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I don’t have a strong opinion either way on that, but it wouldn’t matter. I feel like there at minimum one play reviewed in every game I watch where they blatantly reach the wrong conclusion. And I’m not counting the times where it’s reasonably possible to see what happened but you can’t overturn because it’s not conclusive.

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I walked into the stadium with enough Jim Beam to get half this board drunk and they didn't even scan my tickets at the gate because it was such a cluster[uck fay]. I could have walked into the stadium carrying a shotgun and I don't think anyone would have noticed, so I'm not surprised someone had some mustard.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  15. JohnnyQuickkick

Instant replay seems like such a no brainer but it’s handled atrociously in every sport in which it’s used

utvol0427 likes this.
  16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

They also need to go to NFL time rules. Five hour games cause fatigue in everyone, especially 60 year old refs.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

i got to my hotel at 2 am. Long [uck fay]ing day.

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I can’t believe that ref crew was allowed to do a game that big. They should never go above the low game every week. We got robbed of 7 points and a win

19. JohnnyQuickkick

I didn’t really notice it but I read a couple of times that their spots were consistently short

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Upon reflection, other than a UT blowout win I do not know how last night was not expected:
    - 15 years of incompetense by administration, coaches, and big money boosters wrecking a proud program
    - Kiffin's return
    - Piss poor officiating
    - frustrating play calling
    - Ole Miss players dropping on every play like there were snipers in the stands.