POLITICS My Facebook Feed

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by TennTradition, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

The taliban has opened up an Army surplus store.
    Named it Traitor Joe's.

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Wouldn’t the big flies get caught more easily than the small ones?

gcbvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

she must be amazingly competent to survive 12 hour congressional hearings and years of probes. couldn't be that there is nothing bad there. there must be. there were memes.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

People are so stupid.

utvol0427 likes this.
  10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

That one is pretty local. I know the gas station where the pic was taken and who took it. It's just west of Pulaski. I may even know who placed the sticker, but I was having a hard time following the conversation at that moment. If it didn't originate elsewhere, I could see it spreading if the right people see it.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Liberals defending high gas prices is not something I saw coming. Everything is upside down and backwards.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Do I strike you as either not liberal, or as ever wanting cheap gas?

It's just dumb to blame or credit a POTUS about gas prices. Especially coming out of a global event like COVID.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I meant on FB. Honestly haven't scanned this thread in a while.

I just find it funny how everything has reversed. Nothing more than that. Especially when some of the people defending them would have likely shared memes about the Bush weather machine had Facebook been there in 2005.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know why anyone who understands climate change would want dirt cheap gas. I don't like that it is the poorest who feel the pinch the most, but that's always the case.

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Because people have to drive to work. Today.

HCKevinSteele and Indy like this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Driving to work like there's no tomorrow.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Aren't there a number of additional and more influential causes of climate change than people driving gas powered automobiles? If every single gas powered automobile on the road today was replaced with an electric vehicle tomorrow (even if you disregard the cost, both in $$$ and environmental harm of creating those electric vehicles), would climate change be fixed?

Is the somewhat near term result of climate change expected to be "no tomorrow" (i.e. the end of the world?)?

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Every contribution to climate change viewed in isolation can point to additional, more influential causes of climate change. No single thing will fix it, so it gets worse and worse because nothing changes.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Starting on the individual consumer level seems least effective though, doesn't it?

You said that people who understand climate change shouldn't want dirt cheap gas. Why? Does gas getting more expensive influence the behavior of most individuals? People who have to drive to work have to do so whether gas is $2.00 or $5.00 a gallon. And the people who are worried about gas prices going up likely aren't in the right place financially to be looking at purchasing a new, more efficient vehicle.

So if they are using their vehicle no matter what, and buying gas no matter what, why wouldn't they want it to be cheaper? Heck, that money they save on gas could go towards a nice underground shelter for when climate change finally ends human life as we know it on the surface.