21-22 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, May 21, 2021.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Old school Memphis St player from their good runs in 80s. Tall, skinnier than BHH. Absolute ballplayer who could do a little bit of everything well

A-Smith likes this.
  2. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Luckily Barnes left Ziegler in to get us 100.

3. Ssmiff

Tamba skipped his sr year to get in weight and meal program and work on his skills. No plans to play at all

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I googled his name and a wrassler popped up

5. Ssmiff

Legend. Havent thought about him in years but BHH different ways to finish, release and always around the ball reminded me of him.

A-Smith likes this.
  6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The hardest part about these exhibitions is seeing what will work against our regular schedule vs. what's happening on the floor tonight.

I still have concerns about Nkamhoua's toughness against more physical teams. He had one more rebound than Chandler did and didn't assert himself the way I hoped a post player would against DII competition. He is clearly better, though, so I hope we can get a sort of Kyle Alexander level of production from him.

Chandler was as advertised. He's a stud. Huntley-Hatfield can dominate in due time and I hope it comes together for this season. You can tell he's a little raw, but the talent is there so obviously.

Too many threes! I felt I was watching an NBA game. I hope this changes with Fulky in the mix, but 46 threes is a whole lot. We shot....just ok, as well. 37% doesn't warrant this number of shot, particularly when they are likely to more contested in the future. Work it inside out and get low post looks. Chandler breaking down defenses is going to be a huge plus.

The regulars are a solid, not spectacular group. JJJ does everything solidly. Santi had trouble with his shot, but he and Chandler will make daily highlight passes. Bailey, eh. If he isn't hitting, he's very pedestrian. Powell was solid on offense, but is so so defensively. Maschack will play, a rich man's Gaines from last year. I like him a lot. The new French kid has promise, as well, but he's only getting mop up duty, I suspect, this year.

All in all, promising. I wasn't wowed. But, we'll be good. Upper mid to near top of the SEC, in my opinion.

7. Ssmiff

I believe we will see 40 3s a game all year. We have better hallhandling and more shooters.
    Barnes responded to a question about 46 3s and he said he only didn't like 3 of them

8. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Very encouraged that Barnes changed his philosophy on this. Waaaaay too many contested mids the past few years. Granted maybe he feels more comfortable with the personnel now.

Tar Volon likes this.
  9. Ssmiff

Yes more shooters and pg who can draw and dish. We won't be the bs pull up type team but will spot up.

10. KyleAlexanderfan

Fulkerson appears to be out. Looks like we’ve been lied to.

11. KyleAlexanderfan

Announcers still calling the games remotely? Wtf

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’d heard he was out.

13. KyleAlexanderfan

I’ve seen enough Bailey already.

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Plavsic cannot be anything more than a guy who gives a big a rest. He's just not good enough to play big minutes.

15. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Crazy how much better the offense flows when he isn't on the court.

16. KyleAlexanderfan

Pretty telling that he started and still didn’t do the jump ball.

17. Ssmiff

Hope we see more high pick and roll clearouts this year instead of players standing in the corner on the same side

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

0 for the conference coming.

19. KyleAlexanderfan

So embarrassing for Nkamhoua.

20. Ssmiff

He needs to be a spot up 3 shooter from the 4 or 5. No feel for game inside the paint