22 Class

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by CardinalVol, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Rodney Harrison's boy is up next, I think.

lylsmorr likes this.
  2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Harrison?

3. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

He’s committing on the 29th.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's possible they finish like this:

4* LB Demario Tolan
    4* RB Justin Williams
    4* DB Kody Jones
    3* DB Christian Harrison
    3* DE James Pearce
    3/4* WR Kaleb Webb
    4* JUCO DT Jeffrey M'ba

That would give them 21 commits and plenty of room for portal guys, there's also a few JUCO dbs they're in on. They get 25 plus 7, I believe, scholarships

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  5. Unimane

We're also not hemorrhaging players this year, which will be nice.

Memtownvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

There's not many to bleed.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I bet there's only 4 or 5 that leave between now and the end of spring practice.

8. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Really wish Stoops would move on in this coaching carousel. Could maybe get those 2 kids out of Nashville and that highly touted DE.

9. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

{taking orange tinted glasses off} At this point, seeing what the new coaching staff at UT is capable of, why would you choose Kentucky over Tennessee in any sport?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Low IQ

Memtownvol likes this.
  11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

For arguments sake, most of these teens haven't seen UT do much of anything but embarrass ourselves for a decade plus, while more than likely with fewer players drafted than Kentucky over the last 6 or 7 years. Think we had 2 years in a row with zero. If you are a football player and 16 looking at the draft with no T called for 2 years, why the hell would you go play there.
    Now, JH has changed the brand and culture. Gaining fans again which means current HS players feel and see the energy.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

We got some dudes in the pros the last few years, including an MVP. You're right, I am not arguing, but just saying we are past the worst of that already.

13. Ssmiff

Hopefully we are but if you look from 2019 to 2021, when these current recruits were in 3 years of HS ball, ky had 11 drafted vs 4 for UT. They see it. Their handlers and family sees it and along with ncaa stuff, recruiters remind them.
    We can overcome a little of that with exciting play on the field and peer recruiting but we still may be lean on nfl picks for a little longer.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Alontae and Cade will be drafted this spring

Hooker, Tillman, Carvin, Baron and Young all possible after next season

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

If Tillman gets drafted I don’t know how any receiver can’t seriously consider Tennessee. I know a lot of it was probably already there and he just didn’t get the reps and QB play he’s had this year, but my god. He’s been one of the best receivers in the country for the last 8 weeks.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

One of the best receivers in the 2023 class, Carnell Tate, is supposed to be on campus tomorrow

Memtownvol likes this.
  17. Ssmiff

I hope the kid committed to Michigan sees the gray cold up there today vs sunny and 55 in knoxville and takes it into consideration

18. Unimane

No idea on the veracity of this, but...

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'll take that

20. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Gibbs, Small, and Wright is a pretty decent trio.

Memtownvol likes this.