So If I was Huepel

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by tn_longrifles, Nov 21, 2021.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Kiffin had Nick Reveiz starting at linebacker until he tore his acl

2. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Not gonna argue but I do feel the need to bring up how we lost nearly every LB over the course of the '09 season. I think by the end of the season we had moved Tyler Wolf down to LB from Safety.

3. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

The same for Greg King. His career was practically over a couple of months into his freshman season.

4. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Unfair to use Nick as an example, that dude wanted it.

5. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

TBH, don't really remember all the injuries from that '09 season.

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

We had nobody left for the McCluster game.

7. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

That's one I remember I want to forget. Holy crap, he had a field day.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They were down to the 3rd string MLB by Vandy

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I was there. Damnedest thing I ever saw

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I went to 11 of the 13 games that year, personal best

11. Memtownvol

Memtownvol Member

So much so he sat on the side of a hill with head in hand wanting it really badly.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I went to 4 that year, that was pre kids

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I was at the ole miss game. Hot as hell. We weren't ready to play from snap 1. Offense sucked. Monte kept lining up in same formation and mclluster abused us. Nobody wanted to be there and I believe J Jackson and others had been arrested 2 days prior. Injuries are just an excuse for those who think Kiffin can do no wrong, imo.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

People forget they both didn't play all season. Cody started because our center went down but he was the #2 for a couple of years before Kiffin even showed up so even Fulmer liked him. Cory played later in the year when one of our guards went down I believe (we actually got better after he came in). Both had played snaps before for Fulmer. People act like they walked out of a frat house like our kicker did back in the Dooley days. I would have taken both this year over Davis and Lane.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Kiffin can and does do plenty wrong but there can also be injuries and arrests playing a part as well. The ole miss game was a great example of a let down game.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Nor do I think it would have mattered. He was on a mission from God that day.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

With Herman Lathers as his backup and Rico MCcoy and Lamarcus Thomas beside him. I would take all those guys over our entire LB crew right now. We have guys the size of safety's playing linebacker currently.

TDVol1989 and Ssmiff like this.
  18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I swear he scored every time he touched the ball. I couldn't wait for it to be over.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Lathers, Savion Frazier and Greg King all went down throughout 09. I believe Rico was the only guy that didn't Miss time

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Those guys injured plus Rico would be better than what we had this year. We might have had the worst LB's in the country.