MCB vs Purdue Pregame Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Dec 5, 2021.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Might as well get it started.

Iowa and MSU of course are there big wins. Nothing else jumps out at me. Potential to be a high scoring affair.

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Purdue’s defense is decent on paper, but they also got trashed by Ohio State (who admittedly is great). Also going to struggle covering their one amazing receiver without Alontae.

I expect to be favored by 8 or 9, and this could be a comfortable win if our offense is in sync early.

Debating whether to make the trip. I haven’t been to a game since 2015.

3. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Pretty good all around squad except for their running game, which is putrid. But they don't need it with how good their pass game is. We will lose if we can't get to their QB, IMO.

4. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Just realized it's been the same for me.

5. Power_T16

Power_T16 Chieftain

Their star WR and DE might be opting out. Both 1st/early 2nd rounders.

6. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I'm only worried if their QB can scramble. Looking for them to try and take advantage of our LB corp. We'll jump on them early and they'll be playing catch up the whole game. That's how I see it anyways.

7. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

While I certainly want to win, if it doesn’t go our way I will still call this season an unqualified success. Heupel has turned UT football around in a single season and I think it’s time for UT fans to have expectations of at least 8 regular season wins next year. Georgia and Alabama are the only probable losses I see, which would get us to 10 wins. Florida and LSU are maybe 50/50 games but the rest Tennessee should win.

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Looks like I'm gonna hit some tailgates and hang out downtown and watch unless something changes. I'm too old to be cold and don't want to spend several hundred for 4 of my crew to go

9. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I am not where you are at. We need to hit on some portal guys and finish this class before I get to that level of confidence

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee should win big, this is a middle of the road Big 10 team

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

$30 in ticket fees for a $110 ticket through Ticketmaster. Nah fam.

Joseph Brant and justingroves like this.
  12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[uck fay] that. My recliner, fridge and big screen tv with sound system is good to go.

tn_longrifles and Savage Orange like this.
  13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

14. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Their*

15. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

On the downside: our pass rush likely won't get to their QB much

On the upside: their QB has a season-long rush of 8 yards and a net of -111 on the year. Their top players likely won't be in the game for same reason as Alontae.

16. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Quickly looked and the cheapest tickets are $92. For the [uck fay]ing MCB. Against some worthless trash midwest Purdue team.

Lol. No thanks.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Ticketmaster and the MCB are out of their damn minds

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Byron Young and Omari Thomas will have multiple sacks

19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I'm just looking forward to a day of tailgating and hanging out in Nashville.

Pretty meh matchup on paper. Purdue is one of the power 5 programs I know the least about-never have followed them closely. Wonder if they will bring their big ass drum with them?

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Neil Armstrong graduated from there. All I got.