Randy Sanders

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by tn_longrifles, Dec 7, 2021.

1. tn_longrifles

tn_longrifles Member

2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Totally forgot Sanders was HC there. Nice little comeback for them. Scored 2 TDs in final 1:28, then converted a two pointer to win by 1.

justingroves likes this.
  3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Leader of men

4. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I remember how much we hated Sanders as OC here but he’s turned out to be a pretty solid coach. Good for him, I say.

IP and tn_longrifles like this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He was a bad OC here but he's a good guy.

Savage Orange likes this.
  6. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

There was that Miss St game but let’s be positive. Good for him. Cool win and way to win. You never know how things work out so former Vols being successful in coaching is good

7. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

When he took over, there was nobody left on staff that he could learn anything from.

justingroves likes this.
  8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Cut did take everyone didn't he?

9. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

That was part of it but more on Fulmer never put people around him they added anything. They were still trying to run Walt Harris's offense when they had downgraded at every offensive position coach.

10. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Cut leaving was probably the worst thing to happen to UT football in my lifetime. Even worse than John Ward’s retirement. Without Cutcliff, Fulmer was exposed as a very mediocre coach.

11. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I'm not a big Cutcliffe fan. I think of him more highly than Fulmer but I think his two year return in the 00s is thought of more fondly than deserved. He didn't recruit. He didn't develop anyone. He ran a complete bullshit offense that got abused by everyone that had athletes in the secondary.

12. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Walt Harris with Fulmer coaching oline were some damn good offenses.

13. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

You're damn right it was. Tennessee's offense in 1987 was one of the most dynamic for that era.