MCB Covid Policy?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tar Volon, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I finally decided to get tickets for my first game since 2015, continuing my trend of only going to first bowl games for a new coach (this will be my fourth, after the 2009 Peach Bowl, the 2010 Music City, and the 2015 Gator). I’ll be going with my Dad, who has already had Covid and has not been vaccinated.

So I’ve been looking all over for Covid Policy. The Music City Bowl website has no information. Ticketmaster has no information. The Nissan Stadium website says that the stadium has no policy but that they encourage masks for unvaccinated people.

But then I got the confirmation email after buying tickets from VividSeats, and it says that proof of vaccination will be required. Is this just boilerplate language that they’re putting on everything so that people don’t get pissed off, or is there actually such a policy? Does anyone have an official source with a definitive answer? Gonna be pissed if I spend a couple hundred bucks and drive all the way to Nashville and can’t get in.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’ve been to a couple of concerts in Nashville in the last couple of months and didn’t have to show anything, at Bridgestone and at the stadium. I don’t guess I would assume a) the policy is the same today as it was yesterday or 2) the same for different parties using the same venue.

all this to say…. Idk

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

It's criminal if they only drop that info on you after you buy the tickets.

justingroves likes this.
  4. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Get vaccinated and you don't have to worry about it. Or don't and worry about it.

utvol0427 and fl0at_ like this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

You just committed a holocaust.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Tell me you haven’t been vaccinated without telling me you haven’t been vaccinated.

7. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Yeah nobody has checked me at Bridgestone or Nissan ever and I’ve been to each a few times and downloaded apps to prove status all for naught haha. I wouldn’t worry about it.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

My niece was concerned about getting into Bridgestone because she lost her vaccine card and it said on the ticket they would check those, but they did not. I think it is cover-your-ass language. But I hope you dad considers getting vaccinated, prior infection is no guarantee and it can only help.

9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

It's a Tennessee game. You won't be alone, or checked.

A-Smith and The Dooz like this.
  10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Definitely missed him telling us this part, so ignore me. Shouldn’t be too hard.

11. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Thankfully in red state Tennessee we don’t require gate workers to check and verify medical records. The Preds tried a vaccine policy at the beginning of the year. Was a total and expensive disaster for them. They nixed their vaccine policy less than a month into the season.

12. Tar Volon

I’m vaccinated and boosted, it’s my compatriot that I’m worried about.

13. Tar Volon

I fought this battle with both parents and both in-laws for months, and I finally gave up when all four got Covid. I don’t know how much protection you get from a prior infection (the data is a bit sketchy, for obvious reasons), but the fight just doesn’t seem worth the energy anymore. My wife and I got vaccinated, and our kindergartener has one dose (and our youngest I guess had one in utero?), but there’s only so much you can do.

14. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

How long ago was it? If it was anywhere near the beginning of the pandemic then it’s pretty much irrelevant they already had Covid.

Doctor recommended to the FIL to get his vaccine about 3-4 months after he recovered from a pretty bad case - but I know you’re allowed and encouraged to get it much sooner than that for additional protection.

15. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

When I went to the Music City GP, I don't even remember having to provide proof of vax or a PCR. Granted that was a tad more spaced out and in late summer.

16. Tar Volon

The in-laws got it about 12 months ago, my Dad had it a few months ago…maybe late summer/early fall? I don’t remember the exact date, after the last visit. My Mom never had a positive test but her antibody test came back positive so she got it at some point.

But I think we still don’t know a lot about how the antibodies degrade from natural infection (hell, we don’t know how badly they degrade from the vaccine—I went ahead and got a booster but I have no idea whether my original jab was at 70% effectiveness or 7%).

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yeah, there was nothing. But that was definitely in the throes of the Delta wave.