MCB vs Purdue Pregame Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Dec 5, 2021.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

400 Degrees isn’t super far away. It’s real good

2. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

If anyone in Nashville ever craves first class soul food and wants to avoid the crowds of better known places like Peg Leg Porker, I highly recommend Silver Sands Cafe. It's a hole-in-the-wall family run joint snugged within a residential neighborhood near the Germantown/Bi-centennial park area. It's one of those restaurants that only operates from like 10am-2pm daily. Their Sunday brunch menu is Southern cuisine perfection. I have yet to find better fried chicken in all of Nashville. Silver Sands Cafe is on par with Chandler's Deli in Knoxville for those familiar with that comparison.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If the hours were different, I'd eat there a lot more. It's really good

4. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

As far as hot chicken, Hattie B's is great if you are into waiting in lines longer than Disney World for maybe the 6th or 7th best Hot Chicken in the city. Way too fast foody quality to be waiting in a line that stretches for two blocks.

As people have said earlier in this thread, Princes is the only correct choice if you are seeking authentic Nashville hot chicken. There is no such thing as "Nashville Hot Chicken" without Princes inventing it. The story goes the original owner of Princes was legendary throughout Nashville in his days for being a womanizer. Everyone knew him for having multiple girlfriends at the same time almost his entire life. One day, one of his girlfriends discovered he was seeing other women behind her back. Apparently everyday the owner of Princes would prepare himself a chicken breast for lunch. So as payback, this particular girlfriend decided she would saturate his chicken with the spiciest sauce in existence while his back was turned. Hoping he would die of a heat stroke, she looked on with anticipation as he unknowingly bit into his chicken breast that was secretly blazed with her hot sauce. To her dismay, he exclaimed "Who did this to my chicken? Because this is the best damn chicken breast I've ever had!" The lightbulb goes off in his head. Instantly he knew he must sell the public this particular version of chicken. Viola, Nashville Hot Chicken is born.

5. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I’m gathering JQK doesn’t like anything, ever.

InVolNerable likes this.
  6. chavisut

Call ahead, skip line. In and out within 2-3 minutes typically.

Princes is great but Hattie B’s is very good and the sides are much better.

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I 100% agree on Hattie Bs sides, but their hot chicken is like. B Tier at best.

They do surprisingly make some killer regular fried chicken. Though not as good as Gs Country Kitchen in Huntsville, which is the best damned fried chicken on planet earth

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
  8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I like lots of things

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

No offense to him but he's literally the biggest itchbay around. Again, no offense jqk

IP likes this.
  10. chavisut

Admittedly I go medium. I like to still taste the food. Their Dirty Bird Fries are where it’s at.

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

He moved out of Townsend. Said that part of the state was too ugly.

utvol0427 likes this.
  12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Nah i blame my wife for that

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Maybe I am a cheap-ass, but I don't think bowl tickets to the Music City Bowl should be more than face value of a home game at Neyland.

14. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Basilio roasted the CEO of the music city bowl over these dynamic ticket prices today. Don’t think he will be coming on the show anymore.

A-Smith and IP like this.
  15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Now it's official @IP

16. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Better not lose now.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well we should win by points equal to the cost of the ticket.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Vols by 50

hohenfelsvol and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  19. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Should have as much buzz as any team shopping the transfer market.

20. chavisut

Bell practiced with defense yesterday. His size and athleticism could be a monster on that side if he has the tenacity.

justingroves likes this.