Racing Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by The Dooz, Jan 13, 2015.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

They Nascar'd the [uck fay] out of that ending.

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

In that race, they bent the rules and it benefitted Lewis. Then, they bent the rules and it benefitted Max.

So now that’s it even and we got that out of the way, the Mercedes mismanagement of their tires is what cost them the race, and ultimately Lewis the WDC.

3. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

So, no credit to Verstappen, eh? Hamilton has been a little [itch bay] all season…

4. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Interesting response

5. Savage Orange

Don’t be reading anything into it that isn’t there.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

They’ve both acted like [itch bay]es this season.

Savage Orange likes this.
  7. Savage Orange

They really have. It’s been a bad year for F1, honestly… a lot of attention on things besides racing.

8. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Racing drivers whining? Shock, horror. I cannot believe my eyes.

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

And especially in Formula 1.

I can’t speak for anybody else, but I don’t care. I was just happy to see somebody else win. Both the championship and the race I attended.

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

11. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

The Bud Shootout or Busch Light Clash or whatever it's called being run at the LA Coliseum is NASCAR jumping over the shark that it's already jumped over several times. I think they should do a coast to coast race on interstate 70 next.

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I went to the 24 Hours over the weekend for the first time ever. First of all it was cold and wet, then just cold, but sunny. While the weather wasn’t ideal, it was really [uck fay]ing fun. Here’s some thoughts I shared with friends over the 4 days.

-So there's a lot more light at night than I thought there would be. It looks much darker on TV.

-“Now the oval section is brighter than the infield so whoever has told you that wasn't wrong”…in response to a friend saying he had heard the oval is lit and the infield is pretty dark.

-So another thing, yes Daytona is absolutely massive but you don't really get a feel for how little of space the road course actually takes up inside. It's not a lot.

-Talking about Hallie Deegan… Also I walked by her earlier. Nobody had a clue who she was. She's super tiny”. She was walking with Austin Cindric, Chase Briscoe and Harrison Burton (if you’re wondering who Ford is investing in) before the Michelin Pilot series race on Friday.

-When asked if we were staying warm after sunset… “Yeah we are fine. We are at the Taste of the 24. It's a food thing, in the suites so both inside an outside. It's in the midway, the checkered seats at the start finish line. Lots of food, cash bar.” (So we sat at the start finish for about 1.5 hours Saturday night.)

- Left the track yesterday (Saturday) at 10 pm. Really wanted to be back in time for sunrise but it was just sofa king cold this morning that we didn’t make it back til the sun was up, about 830. It’s actually pleasant right now when you sit in the sun (Sunday morning).

- Alright so one other thing. It's crazy how much faster each class is than the class "below" them. You definitely don't realize that watching on TV.

And watching the faster cars pick their way through slower traffic is really fascinating to watch in person too.

- You can tell the passing strategy is to pass on acceleration and not under braking. Or at least that's what it looks like to me.

I have some other thoughts and stuff I’ll try to remember share later.

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

My friend and sons former coach is Bernard Pollard. He has become a huge fan and actually works with Ally Racing now and was down there. Bought a ridiculous rig for iracing at his house. Fans responses to him on Twitter and such have been great and frankly, unexpected. He posted riding a lap there this weekend and about shit himself.

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The Daytona infield is a shit hole. All of it. From the campgrounds and restrooms to the garages to fanzone.

But that newly renovated front stretch grandstand and area is really really nice.

It was also cool to be at a road racing event and be able to see the whole track. That was a new one for me. Even from the infield you can see a lot of the track.

There were a couple places where they had gigantic Rolex banners that looked like a TV screen should go there, so I’ll be curious to see what’s there for the Daytona 500. The TVs they had for the race were really small.

15. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Not a huge NASCAR fan, but those last 40 laps or so were pretty damn entertaining.

10SEvols likes this.
  16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

So, F1 doesn't race in the rain anymore?

17. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

This was one of the most incredible things I’ve ever seen in a race.

10SEvols likes this.
  19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Has that been done before? And what what is the math behind making him go so fast while on the wall. G force slingshot type deal?

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

He didn’t have to slow down to turn or make the car turn. He just held it wide open and let the wall turn the car.