MCB vs Purdue Pregame Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Dec 5, 2021.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I think most on here would agree. The problem for me is we missed on the first one. So even if there was a missed PI call on the second one, I don’t love the playcall.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

The sad part is UT desperately needs more help from the portal than the number of players they can sign.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If that play can be blown dead because of forward progress, then forward progress rule needs to be assessed. It’s 4th down. He either scores or he doesn’t. There’s no reason to blow it dead before he’s down.

Memtownvol likes this.
  4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Badly need OL, DL, LBs and DBs

5. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

I understand why. For plays where there’s a fumble after an extended tackle. Too much of a judgement call. But it should have NEVER been applied to a 4th and goal at the end of the game. Just [uck fay]ing retarded decision by the ref. Let it play out and use replay if necessary. It’s either a touchdown or a turnover. No other option.

Memtownvol likes this.
  6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Hooker was 26/41 with 5 tds. Could have had 8 or 9. Not a terrible performance though

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

What even are "the rules" if they are "written" in a way that makes it simply a judgement call by the official, which can be reviewed on video but to no end because that same official can just state that he determined the play was over at some arbitrary point in time regardless of not signaling, whistling, or forward progress not being demonstrably stopped or the carrier being down?

This is cowboys and Indians, "bang bang" shit. Seriously, how can that stand that way? The [uck fay]? I want a press conference with a monitor where the official explains when and why it was determined the player was down, and how he communicated that to anyone? Or does he just let players continue to dog pile onto a ball carrier without whistling? Where is the accountability?

Unimane likes this.
  8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

After Q1 he was very average

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

If the ball carrier wasn't down, then that is a late hit? RIGHT? He was down, RIGHT?

Unimane likes this.
  10. Ssmiff

Thing is it wasn't blown dead.

Unimane and IP like this.
  11. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

There is no accountability.

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

If I have to accept that official's judgement on forward progress, he needs to answer on allowing late hits and dogpiling on a player after the play was over, by his reckoning. Either way, the official is wrong. Which way is he wrong? He can't be right, and that needs to be made clear.

13. Ssmiff

And of course purdue fans yapping. They beat us in hoops with bs luck and refs and beat us again with 2 missed calls that decided the outcome

14. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

A lot of the offense’s issues tonight were unforced errors (Hooker missed more open receivers than he has all season), but we have been downright bad in power situations all season. We were stuffed on 4th and 1 at the 3 to lose to Pitt. We were stuffed over and over on 3rd and 1 against Bama. And the short-yardage plays tonight ranged from “barely sufficient” to “downright embarrassing.” We’ve got to work on either bringing some different looks or learning how to execute the ones we have now.

Memtownvol likes this.
  15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Even better:

[​IMG]

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

And otherwise if we're just going to let the refs get away with not blowing it dead at the time of them "stopping forward progress" and making it up as they go, then imagine the [uck fay]ery that will happen.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

There’s no [uck fay]ing excuse for calling that anything other than a touchdown.

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I still think it was a huge mistake not to call a timeout on the first run by Small on the last drive. We lost a good 8 or so seconds there we could've used.

Memtownvol, bostonvol and utvol0427 like this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why have whistles at all? That's my sincere question? What are they for, if they do not matter? And if they DO matter, then how could this not be a touchdown upon review OR a penalty for a late hit?

20. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Unless I'm forgetting something, that was us also getting screwed by ACC refs

Memtownvol and lylsmorr like this.