Thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Dec 30, 2021.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I realized last night that this basketball on grass makes me just not enjoy it that much. I hate basketball, and watching our football team play basketball just makes me yawn.

I turned it off at the half. Not going to lie.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

They went down on several 3rd downs in a row.

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

666 yards of total offense. I believe the beast is back

Memtownvol likes this.
  4. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

WTF are any plays not reviewable? There's enough cameras that game could be officiated by camera and only need a body or 2 to spot ball and stop fights.

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

It will never happen.

6. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Because folks don’t want 7 hour games. This game was already in at around 4 1/2 hours.

7. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I complained to a buddy that I prefer some defense

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I love being able to finally move the ball so well, but there is something about it that makes it less enjoyable.

9. Ssmiff

less enjoyable, really? Surprised after what we have seen for so many years. To each his own. I was entertained all year and like putting up video game numbers. Not perfect and need tweaks. Need players and better defense on all 3 levels. Doesn't mean I can't enjoy setting points and other single season records

VOLinDAWGland and 10SEvols like this.
  10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I love it.

I do think the defense is going to get better. We simply didn't have the Jimmy's and Joe's this year.

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I just can’t imagine watching a game whereby teams are trying to score the most possible points they can to give them the best possible chance to win, and thinking, “I wish there would be less scoring here”.

12. Savage Orange

I think folks will like the offense a lot better once the defense is good enough to get more 3 & outs than we saw this year. Better D means the offense is back out to score even more points. I do believe that Tennessee’s pace lends itself to being susceptible to 4th quarter comebacks regardless of defensive quality. Bad defense just makes us more open to getting walked down late.

13. Savage Orange

This, but with the above mentioned caveat of being fresh enough defensively to close games out. Scoring points is great, and I’m a big fan of it but the pace might need to be dialed back a few geets as the game wears on. Score at will early, and try to stretch drives out late might be a better formula.

14. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Uh no. Running 1 guy over the middle on a play where the primary receiver is the deep guy isn’t doing that. You’re the misinformed one.

15. KyleAlexanderfan

who gives a [uck fay] when it chokes when it matters? Your ball coddling for every coaching staff at UT ever is insufferable.

16. Ssmiff

you are a spazz who likes to point fingers because you are angry, and flat out incapable of discussing the actual plays on the field. Just whine and [itch bay] about coaching all day, every sports thread. Like a [itch bay]

17. Savage Orange

To be fair, there’s a huge difference between what Heupel has shown us this year and what the last three coaches combined showed us. Heupel doesn’t seem like the type to let his ego prevent him from making the changes that will put UT in a position to win these games. DDIAPOS, Botch and CERTAINLY Pruitt were all “my way or the highway” types, even to the detriment of team success.

18. KyleAlexanderfan

You’re full of little [penis] energy and nonsense. Tell me more about your shitty ass high school sports career from 30 years ago Rico.

19. KyleAlexanderfan

I’m just talking about last night. I don’t care if we scored 45. The offense choked when it had a chance to win the game several times at the end.

Savage Orange likes this.
  20. KyleAlexanderfan

This is coming from the loser who carried water for Butch Jones until the day he was fired.